Response wired alarm problem

Discussion in 'Support' started by Stephen Meeus, Jan 29, 2018.

?

My Response wired alarm system keeps giving a “tamper” alert when the system is not armed. What coul

1. Informed user

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Expert

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

Hi Rutland, I installed the link that you reccommended but now the panel keeps beeping at me with a light on zone 2. I looked at the manual under “tamper fault” and it suggested that I press “chime” followed by 1, 2 or 8 to get the source of the fault but it keeps on bleeping at me. I pressed “reset” twice, but after a pause it starts again!.... any tips?

2. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

I think that I’ve sorted it: I omitted all zones from “chime” and it seems to have resolved it.

3. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Hi Stephen,it's possible that you have put zones on chime by mistake, obviously we're trying to sort the mysterious 'tamper', keep me informed please, let me know of any further symptoms etc.

4. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

Will do!

5. Mickey Aitch

Mickey Aitch New Member

I have been getting an 'Accessory Tamper' message (and alarm!) on the control panel our Friedland Response SA6 alarm for a few days now. The control panel log does not inform you what is causing this, just that it is happening.
    In this case it was caused by a micro-switch inside the door sensor battery lid. The switch, which is normally held closed by the lid, was reading a varying resistance when measured with a digital voltmeter on the 0-200 ohm setting, whilst held down. It shouldn't do this!
    A drop of WD40 onto the switch (which is small, perfectly square, and has a circular operating button) was worked into the switch innards by pressing it a number of times. Afterwards, the resistance dropped to near 0 ohms, as it should be when pressed.
    The alarm has not shown this message again in the last 10 days (was as often as every few minutes before.) I have put a drop of WD40 onto the switches on all the other door sensors as an insurance - I think this is due to some slight corrosion or dirt inside the micro-switch, the WD40 helps remove this.
    Don't forget to put the alarm into 'walk test' mode before you do this procedure, this will replace the alarm siren with a simple 'bing-bong' door chime when you remove the door switch covers (i.e. 'tamper' with them), at least until your revert to 'normal' mode. How to set this 'walk test' mode is in the Friedland owners manual.
    HTH

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  6. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Given the post is over 3 years old I reckon it's sorted now.

7. Mickey Aitch

Mickey Aitch New Member

"Given the post is over 3 years old I reckon it's sorted now."

Agree completely.
    It's just there's no conclusion to this thread, so I thought I'd post this for anyone else who had recently had this problem.
    This alarm was also rebadged as a Wickes own-brand alarm, if anyone was interested... it's just the bell box that was a different colour.

8. Bazza-spark

Then please start a new thread.

We sit there and read 44 posts to find it is an old thread. Waste of time!

sparky steve likes this.
  9. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

The problem appears to be @Mickey Aitch response to this thread is over 3yrs too late:p;)

10. Bazza-spark

I do wish new members wouldn't drag up old posts. :rolleyes:o_O