Any Scottish Builders experienced in ventilation 1930s bungalow?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Terry Cole, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Terry Cole

Terry Cole New Member

Excuse the long title but we have recently moved into a 1930’s bungalow of cavity construction and have some ventilation issues to sort out - surprise surprise.

Only 2 of the original vents remain and they are badly covered in concrete from the poor rough casting and a third is placed above the dpc between floor joists by the looks of it. Overall I’m looking for around 10 double air brick vents to be fitted correctly and so I am trying to find a builder with the relevant experience.

I’m not having much luck searching so thought I would try here on the offchance.

Anyone?

2. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

Why do you need a "Scottish" builder?!

3. Terry Cole

Terry Cole New Member

I should have been clearer, Scotland based. I’m in Glasgow so assuming for such a relatively small job your not travelling up to help?!

4. BiancoTheGiraffe

True, but I'm not a builder anyway!

Scotland is a big country and Newcastle is closer to Glasgow than many Scottish towns, so why limit yourself to "Scottish" builders?!

Unless you're a devout "Scotland is better than anything English" SNP supporter of course

5. Terry Cole

Terry Cole New Member

As I have already clarified - Scottish based.

thanks for the help even if it is for Trololol purposes.

More than happy to have any nationality on the job. If anything from scouring the web today people on this forum I would consider to have expert knowledge on this subject are way down south unfortunately.

6. BiancoTheGiraffe

I'm not trolling mate, I'm simply asking why you felt the need to specify such a broad location...

Why not just ask for Glasgow based in the first place?

7. Terry Cole

Terry Cole New Member

I didn’t, I’ve already told you why twice now…….

it’s a pita of a job and relatively small in nature so it’s more a case of needing someone local to try and entice. Your right I was going to stick in Glasgow and then thought I’ll widen to Scotland but in error I wrote Scottish. I hope that clears it up.

I’ll use the excuse that I’m on my iPhone but I just wasn’t thinking and now I don’t think I can edit the title because like you have pointed out it’s not ideal.

once again - thanks. I guess any reply is better than the usual nothing