Wonky kitchen units

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Sidsnott., Aug 7, 2021.

1. Sidsnott.

Sidsnott. New Member

New kitchen has been poorly fitted now soft close drawers go like rockets, at a loss how to fix,anyone got any ideas much appreciated.

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Get the fitter back to sort it out would be my answer. If soft close draws don't soft close, chances are they are the type that Howdens sell where the soft close part is fitted under the runners on the bottom of the drawbox. I'm guessing if they are, the fitter hasn't fitted them. They wouldn't last long even if they had been fitted because they are rubbish.

3. Sidsnott.

Sidsnott. New Member

You're spot on it is a Howden kitchen,and I wouldn't trust the fitter with a Lego set so it really is me and the missus this afternoon, cheers for the reply

4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Were the soft close attachments actually supplied with the kitchen ? They will be in individual plastic bags, one for each draw.

5. Sidsnott.

Sidsnott. New Member

Yes the soft close was fitted ,and has now stoped working that's why we think the unit has shifted slightly .I was thinking of replacing runners with one's from screwfix.not really sure if that's the answer.

6. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

Ikea's metal drawers and runners with integrated soft closers are excellent (i'm assuming they are still using the ones they used to use before they changed their cabinet designs to fit onto rails)......

7. Shaun G

Shaun G Member

Can you recommend an alternative mate? I have the same issue here.

Thanks