Boiler pressure cold tap not working problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by lea_nne_, Aug 27, 2021.

1. lea_nne_

lea_nne_ New Member

Hi everyone,

I went to top up my Logic S15 boiler earlier as the pressure gauge was at zero. I’d done this before so I knew to expect to hear rushing water through the pipes when i turned the valve, but I heard nothing. I unscrewed the filling loop because i thought that might be the issue, but the filling loop was clear and it was the tap that wasn’t letting any water through. By now, I’d already moved some of the other valves and couldn’t work out what they’d looked like before, so I couldnt return them to their open/closed positions. Any way I turn the one connected to the cold pipe doesn’t allow water out, though.

I read online that there might be a leak causing the pipe to not let cold water through, but all the other taps in the house are letting water out at their maximum pressures — like normal, basically. I’m wondering if there’s something I’m missing or an easy fix for all of this before I call someone to help. I’ve attached some pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/48U3TlP

Thanks!!

2. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

Unscrew the black lever and try to turn it with a pair of pliers it might be stuck closed..

lea_nne_ likes this.
  3. lea_nne_

lea_nne_ New Member

the lever on the right?

4. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

I cant see your photo i mean the one that is at the end of the flexi supply pipe..

lea_nne_ likes this.
  5. lea_nne_

lea_nne_ New Member

ah ok i’ll try that, thank you!

6. Looking at your photo I would guess the slotted chrome valve is broken on the left, it’s in the open position but the ball has stayed in the closed position. Turn both valves off, then disconnect the flexi from the boiler pipe and hold in the bucket and then turn on the cold water main valve(the left chrome valve), if no water comes through it’s an issue with the valve.
    The black levers are on the flow and return, leave them as they were don’t move them. Your filling looo doesn’t have black levers on(most do)

lea_nne_ likes this.
  7. lea_nne_

lea_nne_ New Member

ok so you’re right, it seems like it’s our valve that’s the issue.

thank you for your help!!

Deleted member 246321 likes this.