Tapping into SVP

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Stu Hub, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Stu Hub

Stu Hub New Member

I am looking to put a second, downstairs toilet in my house. Its directly beneath the current toilet which has a SVP stack that runs floor to ceiling.
    Its a cast 100mm that I need to tap into - I can find strap on bosses that will allow a 40 or 50mm waste into to platic soil pipe no problem.

How do I tap a 100mm waste into this please - any ideas gratefully rec'd

2. You would need to cut it and put a tee in

Stu Hub likes this.
  3. You can get mcalpine bosses for 32/40mm suitable for cast iron but as far as I’m aware the only way to get a 110mm waste branch is to cut a tee in. This can be done in more than one way but I would suggest a mcalpine drain connector into the cast with a 110mm tee in and a piece of pipe out of the top with a slip jubilee coupler as there won’t be any movement in the pipe. Obviously the weight of the cast above is going to be very heavy so u need to make sure this isn’t going to drop when you cut a section out. Cast can be a pig to cut also.

Attached Files:

WillyEckerslike and Stu Hub like this.
  4. Stu Hub

Stu Hub New Member

Wow!! How very different a response to certain social media platforms!! Thank you - I have located a flexible equal Tee that will do the job, however, I hadn't taken into account the fact that the cast may drop when I cut the section out - I need to have a think about this

Deleted member 246321 likes this.
  5. Depending on if it’s clipped, how it’s ran above etc it may not drop but it’s definitely something to consider.

6. Stu Hub

Stu Hub New Member

Its completely boxed in all the way through the house so I have no way of knowing if it is clipped - just been having a mooch and, as far as I can see, mine is the only house in the street with the SVP internally, all the rest have them outside - typical!!

7. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

Here’s one I did last week. It is a bit scary chopping through a cast iron stack and ideally I’d replace the whole thing with plastic but this was an emergency job.

E4E8A7C7-81BB-484B-82BF-828737588010.jpeg

8. Perfect example of what I meant DCox :)

9. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I wish I could cut a hole that neatly with a 9" grinder..... Impressive!

Deleted member 246321 likes this.
  10. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

It’s a very versatile tool! Joking aside it was a very satisfying hole to core. I’d like to say they always look like that but I’d be lying.