Zanuzi fridge freezer

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by tore81, Sep 11, 2021.

1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Hi all

I have an integrated fridge freezer, to install.

Is it normally plates to fix cabinet doors together then they all open as one if you get me.

or should the fridge open separate etc. Also the heights of the doors look off so I’m guessing the reason is they open as one.

I then need to swap the door over hinged. Looks possible to do. Are these quite simple to do?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

Changing fridge freezer doors from left-hand to right-hand opening is very simple, just a few minutes to do. What you may find, though, is some manufacturers fit their hinges with hex-headed bolts and Torx screws, so you might have to buy the appropriate heads for your screwdriver. You’ll find the method in the manufacturer’s instructions.

The doors for the fridge and the freezer are supposed to open separately. If your door heights look ‘off’ as you say - chances are that you’ve got the wrong doors. Integrated fridge/freezers come in 3 varieties - 70/30 (i.e. 70% fridge/30% freezer) plus 60/40 and 50/50. The doors are sized accordingly.

It’s also important that you install a suitable vent in the plinth (kick board) under the cabinet containing the appliance.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    nigel willson and tore81 like this.
  3. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Thank you for reply I’ve been looking at over posts and some say that you make a shelf. To prop it up. Pretty confused as this part should be simple

4. woodbutcherbower

Many integrated F/F carcasses do contain a shelf - but the shelf is provided to sit directly above the appliance for storage. The appliance itself stands on the base of the carcass.

tore81 likes this.
  5. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

It looks like the fridge is 70-30 and the cabinetry but to low

6. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Also the fridge door is 645 and 720 is the cabinet, hence why I’ve seen posts hiking it up 40mm just seems daft

7. woodbutcherbower

I have no idea what you mean with these numbers ?? An F/F tower cabinet will be around 2100mm high including 150-165mm for the legs, giving an actual cabinet height of around 1950mm ....

8. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

If the doors open with the appliances you really should have them separate as you do not want to open the freezer every time you want a drop of milk for your tea...

tore81 likes this.
  9. woodbutcherbower

Doors for a 70/30 should look like this;

15214E51-D6EE-4683-94EA-FB8D0DB2CCBF.jpeg

10. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

yes that what I have, thank you. But if the fridge is on bottom shelf, they don’t add up to the same size as unit

11. Hell68

Hell68 Active Member

The cabinet doors will always be slightly bigger than the appliance door as they fit the carcass not the fridge/freezer.

Have you got pictures/measurements of the carcass, doors and fridge/freezer.

In a later post you've said the fridge is on the bottom. I might be wrong but im pretty sure if it's a 70/30 it's the fridge that's the larger part and on the top?

tore81 likes this.
  12. woodbutcherbower

645mm + 720mm = 1365mm. A tower unit (as I already explained) is around 1950mm high + legs.

What Hell68 said = pics of everything please.

13. woodbutcherbower

Well?

You’re the ‘no idea how to do this corner post’ guy if memory serves. Loads of contributors trying to help out. No response from you. No thanks, no acknowledgement, no updates - nothing. People like me who take time out of their day to try and help out.

Tell you what. Get a pro to fit your kitchen as it’s obvious you haven’t the faintest idea what you’re doing. Or go and watch a quality YouTube ‘how to fit a kitchen in under 20 minutes’ video - usually made by someone with your depth of knowledge and expertise.

Don’t expect any more helpful suggestions from this direction.

Oh - and learn how to spell ‘Zanussi’. You’ll find it emblazoned all over the web page, the catalogue, the order, the order confirmation email, the shipping notification, the delivery note, the appliance itself, the manual, and the warranty registration.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  14. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

If it is an integrated fridge freezer then some manufacturers supply three doors for these types of (tall larder) units.....

And the shelf fits ABOVE the appliance. This is needed to secure the top of the appliance to. Also it can serve as a shelf if there is enough room above. AFAIK

I too would have thought a 70/30 was freezer at bottom.

You will have to 'strap' the doors together if you do not have the correct ones to suit the appliance. I would have thought a 70/30 likely to require three cabinet doors for it to work properly. One for the freezer part, one for the fridge and another for the cabinet space above.

15. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Have you considered that if you click the persons profile then sometimes it shows the last time they were on, in this case tore81 hasn't been on to see the advice and abuse given since his last post on Sunday. You may also wish to consider that for a lot of users of this forum, English isn't their first language or perhaps didn't have the education you may have, or may even be dyslexic.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  16. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

You ok hun?

17. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Thankyou all for replies, you will be glad to know I’m carrying on regardless.

corner post is now sorted, base units all in.
    Fridge the weekend