Currys

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Not Too Sure, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Not Too Sure

Not Too Sure Active Member

Bought an Xbox One X from them in May ‘21 and the controller has stopped working.

Can I take it back to Currys or am I forced to go to Microsoft? The latter has massive wait for a replacement controller :(

thanks

2. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

Your contract is with Curries, so the are step 1. This could be a minefield though.

3. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

What do you mean by "stopped working"?
    Does it power up, is the X illuminated?
    Does it connect to the console?

4. Not Too Sure

Thanks gents, went on webchat with Currys and they told me I have to go to Microsoft.

Went onto Microsoft website and process is that I have to post the broken pad to them for assessment and then they’ll send me a replacement pad within 14 days - but with the caution things may be delayed due to pandemic issues.

what a faff.

5. Not Too Sure

left bumper button has stopped working - usual **** build quality from Microsoft.

6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Should have bought a PS4/5 ;)

7. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

You don't have to go to Microsoft at all, the retailer is responsible for sorting this out under the Consumer Rights Act.

Doesn't surprise me at all that Currys are fobbing people off, they're absolute *

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2021
    koolpc and malkie129 like this.
  8. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

A company that I had quite a few brushes with. Once my printer developed a fault right at the very end of its one year warranty. I took it back for repairs next day on a Saturday. Warranty claim was flatly refused as the warranty even though it ran out the next day. The excuse, the last two days of warranty fell on a non working day. Nothing would budge them and HO failed to respond to my complaint.

On another occasion, a portable CD player came back with dents all over the two metal speaker grills. Manager insisted that that’s the way it had come in for repairs. I pointed out the receipt for the repairs showed no damage in a section designed for it but to no avail. As we were arguing, we heard a voice from the storeroom, “ @#s!!, @##&!!?, almost every item is smashed ! He [SIC, the driver] must have stood on the brakes again “. I pointed out to the manager that this was not the first occasion by the look of it. He was incandescent, and muttered “give him another one” . Result !

gadget man likes this.
  9. JOMEL

JOMEL Screwfix Select

Hi
    A couple of years ago I was in Currys looking for a 55 inch TV.
    I spotted a Samsung all the bells and buzzers.
    Not cheap but it suited my situation.
    On looking further at the multiple Ins and Outs.
    I could not detect a Head Phone socket.
    "Its here" was the comment,, MMMMM Calls other
    chief salesman. Still no Headphone socket.
    Comment " You will have to sort it out yourself We just sell them"
    I took it as there had to be some system from Samsung.
    Reading the instructions Its Bluetooth. Very handy.
    I called into Currys next day to inform them.
    Whats Bluetooth? I just left

Johnny M

gadget man and quasar9 like this.
  10. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Must have been running low on bonus or ticked off for not making enough sales ! Normal behaviour is to make themselves scarce unless they have determined you have “mug” written on your forehead ! Then they know that they can sell you gold plated HDMI leads, special amplified indoor aerial, microfibre cleaning kit for LCD etc etc with your new TV

BiancoTheGiraffe likes this.
  11. JOMEL

JOMEL Screwfix Select

Hi.
    No nothing wrote on my head.
    Only thing thats Gold is my Credit Cards lol.
    But as you say some not so experienced can be ripped off.
    Shame on them

Johnny m