Problems registering Milwaukee tools

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Ric65, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Ric65

Ric65 New Member

not sure if im doing something wrong but having just bought a Milwaukee drill and impact driver twin set from Screwfix i created an account on the Milwaukee web site to enable me to register the warranty.
    Ive tried the number on the box and the individual tools but none are accepted, ive even sent a message to them but no response.
    Anyone else had similar problems?

Alison St Pierre likes this.
  2. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Yeah I had loads of issues with registering my Milwaukee tools, site wouldn't accept the tool numbers, then I had a drill break down and they wouldn't change it, I only had drill just over a year if I had options I wouldn't touch Milwaukee not only is the customer service ***** the tools are over rated

3. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I like my Milwaukee gear and have a fair bit of it. I've been using it for 15yrs+ without problems (apart from registering on the website which is a real pita).

It was annoying/expensive changing from nicads to li-Ion but most manufacturers have done that and anyway a couple of home made adapters allow me to use old kit on new batteries for some of the stuff.

Based on me using it, a client I do a lot of work for has shelled out on quite a bit of Milwaukee kit and has had quite a bit of trouble with it - triggers not working, drills slow to engage etc. I'm not sure he looks after his kit so well but even so. I'm going to help him arrange some warranty repairs so I'll let you know how that goes.

Alison St Pierre and BillyBobToo like this.
  4. Sparkielev

When I tried they fobbed me off only for the fact I have a lot of it I would change to another make

5. Ric65

Ric65 New Member

Looks like its going back then

Sparkielev likes this.
  6. Alan_C

Alan_C New Member

It's not you it's the poor web site design.
    It asks for product no. & serial no. which is not obvious when looking at the tool. After some phaffing about I managed to successfully register.
    Let's hope I never need to find out if they honour the extended warranty.
    I'm pleased with the M12 cordless drill.

7. Sparkielev

I wouldn't count on it they didn't with mine

8. Ethan Daniels

Ethan Daniels New Member

To be fair I bought a Milwaukee tool bag and the zip broke I contacted Milwaukee and they sent me a new bag out no hassle

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  9. Alan_C

Alan_C New Member

That's good to know.

How long had you had the bag?
    What proof of purchase did they request?

10. Ethan Daniels

Ethan Daniels New Member

Not long to be fair about a month, just had to provide proof of purchase in form of my invoice and my address. Got an email back said they had dispatched a replacement didn’t want the broken one back or anything.

11. WillyEckerslike

Update on the repairs.

The repairs were booked through the Milwaukee portal and labels downloaded and printed. The drills were collected by UPS and returned repaired within eight days - the first was only 5 days. They are working perfectly now. That's pretty good service in my book.

12. Sparkielev

Not the service I got, I am forced to use a different model once the rest of my Milwaukee packs up, will probably go with dewalt

13. Paul Pat

Paul Pat New Member

I recently purchased a twin drill pack and was told in store to register online within 30days for the extended 3year warranty, I have tried to register my tools, batteries and charger units on the website, but none of the five items will link to the Warranty & Registration - Milwaukee Tools UK website. same error stating no eligible tool.

I have contacted the page via leaving a message and call back option, but never received neither, I have reached out to Milwaukee's direct web page and I am still waiting on a reply

has any other user have this issues or how can it be resolved

Thanks

14. WillyEckerslike

Have you tried using the different label option?
    The process is not particularly user friendly and you will need to have a copy of the purchase invoice(s) available to upload as well so be ready for that.
    Good luck.

BillyBobToo likes this.
  15. Paul Pat

Paul Pat New Member

yea i have used all different label options and still not working

i have copy of invoice ready to go, just waiting on response now from Milwaukee

16. Paul Pat

Paul Pat New Member

This guide will help and explain in more detail how to register tools and batteries
    attachment was sent from Milwaukee.

Still unable to register battery charger, but i was able to register 2 drills and 2 batteries following the attachment

my problem was i was trying to find my specific tool code, however it explains that you can select different versions as you are only are selecting the basic tool, after this you will be able to enter in product code, serial numbers etc...

Attached Files:

17. Alison St Pierre

Alison St Pierre New Member

I decided to opt for Milwaukee interchangeable battery tools. Every tool I have bought has been impossible to register. I have sent screenshots of receipts and serial numbers to Milwaukee customer services and they refuse to help!! The system needs changing, or it has been deliberately set up to be unfathomable. It's driving me crazy!!!!!

18. Hausfix

Hausfix Screwfix Select

I’ve just seen this thread and I’ve had exactly the same problem too. I gave up trying to register my first Milwaukee drill when I bought it, then got stonewalled when the gearbox packed up 18 months later. Bought another one and then still couldn’t register that one either..

19. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 Screwfix Select

Not had any issues registering any of my milwaukee tools, batteries, tools, all been fine - there must be something fundamental not going quite right when you are entering the info. I think now you can even scan a code on the box and it pulls all the info in for you, making it even easier?

20. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 Screwfix Select

See this on their warranty site: upload_2022-9-23_10-50-33.png