SINGLE-LEVER MONO MIXER KITCHEN TAP BLACK (6480T)

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by goldwise, Sep 22, 2021.

1. goldwise

goldwise Active Member

SINGLE-LEVER MONO MIXER KITCHEN TAP BLACK (6480T)

On the Q&As for this item someone asked if the lever is meant to turn left and right. I would expect left for hot, right for cold. The answer implies it only turns right and the water gets hotter as it's turned. That seems odd.

Has anyone here bought this product and can they provide a clearer answer please?

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

3. My bathroom basin Mono Mixer tap (from Ikea) only turns to the left, and very slightly to the right. Its supposed to be a safety thing i think that you have to actively turn it to get hot water. Its called cold start and is something to do with saving water/energy.
    Seems odd it only turns to the right for hot water though, would always normally be to the left for hot, unless they piped the flexis below the wrong way round perhaps.
    I would guess its either a fault on that persons tap, its piped incorrectly or they arent using it correctly somehow, none of the reviews mention it and it has good reviews for the price of the tap.

4. goldwise

goldwise Active Member

5. goldwise

goldwise Active Member

Thanks, it seemed suitable for a temporary fix for the current one with a slow leak on the stem until I get a new kitchen (hopefully soon). But, not so interested if it only turns one way. I'd also be replacing a green tap on a green sink for a black tap so aesthetically not great either. As the current tap is not leaking beneath the sink and its only a dribble when turned on, it's probably not worth disturbing.

6. Even if it does only turn one way it’s still going to work the same, pull it up will be on and cold and then the more u turn to the right(or left) it will get warmer. Not really much difference to any other tap

7. goldwise

goldwise Active Member

You're right, I'll still keep it in mind if I do change it because it gets good reviews and is cheap enough for a temporary fix.

8. BillyBobToo

BillyBobToo Active Member

Full cold turn to right
    Full hot turn to left
    Full flow lift up.

Deleted member 246321 likes this.
  9. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Ask to look at the one before you buy. They will let you look