Honeywell T6360 Room Thermostat help with wiring

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Alan/, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Alan/

Alan/ Member

i have got a AVATTO Tuya WiFi Smart Thermostat i have tried brown to live grey with a blue sleeve to neutral and black to switch but it just trips electric if i use a tester and test wires on the honeywell brown is live i get 240v if use earth or neutral to test if thermostat is off and brown and black it reads 200v thermostat4.png thermostat.jpg thermo1.jpg

2. Alan/

Alan/ Member

Need help

3. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

[​IMG]It seems left to right earth, 2, 3, 4, 1. So seems likely grey is neutral. Although the diagram shows colours, there are really no standard colours, testing is only way.

4. Alan/

Alan/ Member

I tested wires grey seems to be neutral brown live so that would make black switch but like that electric trips also I notice if I test black to brown while honey wheel is turned off that reads 200volt then if I turn heating on black to brown reads 0volts is that normal

5. Alan/

Alan/ Member

i have been told to swop wires 2 and 3 from honeywell around the other way on the new thermostat but looks like i would be using what i thought was switch as a nuetral in new thermostat

6. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Does it then work?

PS What are you using your make these voltage measurements? 200V does not sound right.

7. Alan/

Alan/ Member

i dont know weather to swaping the wires round as company advised in case it causes damage
    the 200v read i get is measuring from 1 and 3 terminal using a multimeter when dial is turned to off but if i turn dial to on it then reads 0v
    also if i read 2 to 3 it reads 0v but if dial is on it reads 240v and 2 to 1 reads 240v thats why i think 2 is neutral
    if you look at photo 1 is brown seems to be always live 2 is grey but has a blue sleeve over it 3 is black which is what i thought was switch thermostat4.png

8. Alan/

Alan/ Member

Can anyone help

9. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

If you measure from the live to the switched live then there’s no telling what you’ll see.
    When measuring voltage you need to use the zero voltage point as reference. One probe goes there.
    Start using the earth as the reference point. You should see 230v on the brown and nothing on the others.

Pls confirm. When connected you say “the electric trips”
    What exactly is the device that “trips”?

10. Alan/

Alan/ Member

Itv
    The electric trips straight off if put new thermostat on I put live brown to live then I put grey with blue sleeve to neutral and then switch to switch turn electric back on and it just trips straight back off
    The new thermostat I have wired up to a pulg and then setup a switch using loop neutral and a live to switch on it and it all works as it should like that I can work air around it or cool air it switch on and off as it should like that

11. Alan/

Alan/ Member

Just used a tester using earth brown is 240v turn the honeywell on and black is then also 240v instead of using earth if I use grey I get 240v if test to brown
    But if I turn the honeywell off and test brown to black I get 200v from them but when turned on I get 0 v from brown to black
    The company told me to switch the grey and black around on new thermostat but don't if I could damage the boiler

12. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

I will ask again

WHAT IS THE DEVICE THAT TRIPS????

13. Alan/

Alan/ Member

If I fit the new thermostat with brown to live grey to neutral black on switch it just trips electric as soon I switch heating fuse at mains back on

14. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

I give up. What is hard about my question?

I’ll give you a possible list

is the device that trips an
    MCB
    RCD
    RCBO
    FUSE
    or
    something else?

15. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Does it blow a fuse ?
    Does it trip an MCB at your consumer unit ,or RCD at consumer unit ?
    If unsure show us a pic of what trips before Bazza blows his own fuse !!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  16. Alan/

Alan/ Member

It trips at the fuse box the breaker curcuit RCD for heating kitchen socket and lights main sockets and cooker are on a different RCD that stays on

17. Alan/

Alan/ Member

WHAT I did to fit the new thermo is turn the heating fuse of on its own swop thermo start turn fuse back on a RCD for that curcuit trips

18. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

*** mate. Try and slow down. use a comma and a full stop now and again. Your post makes no sense.

I really CBA to waste my time deciphering this cr@p anymore. as they say in Dragons Den, “I’m out”.

Seriously, get an electrician.

bright_Spark likes this.
  19. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

I assume the old thermostat works fine ,trips nothing,and brings heating on / off as it should ?
    If it is definitely only tripping an RCD ,not an MCB ,then I suspect your new switch may be duff !

20. Alan/

Alan/ Member

Old 1 is fine it's back on again
    The new 1 I have wire up with some wire a plug on it comes on
    I then got a lamp and wired that to number 2 on it and the earth joined it seems to work
    If I turn temp up it turns light on if I blow cold air around to drop temp it turns it back off
    It's more like I have wires wrong but using a multi meter the wires seem right
    The company I got it off say switch the grey and black wire around but I don't no if it would damage boiler if its wrong