Ceiling Light Fitting. Used to be downlights

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Snowjoke, Sep 27, 2021.

1. bright_Spark

bright_Spark Screwfix Select

Not assuming a cowboy job, judging from the picture you have shown and what you are left with then yes it is definately a cowboy job, no tradesman would leave a job like that and now you are faced with the simple fact that you will have to rip it out and start over. Oh dear such a shame but then thats what friends are for!!! Jog on fool.

2. Snowjoke

Snowjoke New Member

‘Don’t have time for you’ yet keep replying. Top sparky that has time to keep talking trash all day.

Never said he was a friend, yet another mistake. I’m bored fella, give it a rest

3. bright_Spark

I expect your missus will give you a clip round the ear now and in future leave it to her to
    OK will give it a rest but here is another bit of patronising advice for you. No doubt your wife will give you a clip around the ear for this, In future get your missus to sort out and get tradesmen in to do jobs in the house you obviously cannot. BTW here is your opening quote (by a family friend) have fun with the ceiling.

4. Snowjoke

Snowjoke New Member

Family friend, as in a friend of the family you dimwit. Not someone I’d call a mate but someone I know through the family.

With respect to the missus **** that you said twice for some random reason- I never said I was a man or that I had a wife. More assumptions from someone that doesn’t make assumptions apart from when he makes assumptions.

You’ve given your 2 pennies worth and more. I’m sure there’s some other poor sod who needs some help who you can insult.

5. bright_Spark

Sorry but you can apologise all you like I am not giving you anymore advise so please stop asking me.

6. Ind spark

Ind spark Screwfix Select

I would push that connector back up and drill a downlight sized hole, hopefully you can fish the cables out.

7. bright_Spark

He has 5 of them mate and doesnt know where they were.

8. Ind spark

Ind spark Screwfix Select

Oh, I thought they was all sticking out like that one.
    Didn't read all the previous replys:D

9. bright_Spark

Dont blame you bud, :D:D

10. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

Actually this forum is “Electricians Talk” a place to encourage loyal Screwfix trade customers to exchange views and ideas and broaden their knowledge and understanding of the trade. However, it is an open forum so anyone including diy-ers can seek help and advice and many do.
    We all give our time freely to help those who need it, stay safe and complete their projects within their capabilities, and where appropriate, seek professional assistance and the services of a competent electrician.

Good luck with your project.

11. Snowjoke

Snowjoke New Member

D
    Didn’t ask, but thanks.