Off peak electric supply timer

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by sams, Sep 30, 2021.

1. sams

sams Member

Does anyone know of a meter/device that will record when the off peak supply turns on and turns off. I need to check if a storage heater is getting full 8 hours supply and don't want to sit up all night with a voltage indicator connected to supply. Just a simple device that will tell me what time supply turned on and what time it turned off ?

2. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Connect al old electric clock to the supply.

3. sams

sams Member

i thought of that but it will not show the time it switched on only the length of time it was on for ,i really need to know what time it comes on and what time it goes off

4. bright_Spark

bright_Spark Screwfix Select

Only thing I know of is a logger and they are much more expensive than sitting up all night Or you could use your phone and do a time lapse through the night, just wire a lamp into it and hey presto

5. sams

sams Member

Good idea

6. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

You only need to stop up to find out what time it comes on, you can then leave the clock to do its thing and go to bed.

7. sams

sams Member

thats true yes

8. Could also use a smart plug that monitors energy usage.

9. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Screwfix Select

Connect a 'noisy' device (siren, electric drill, radio, bell etc etc) to the off-peak circuit, when the device is activated it will awaken you for the start time, and as others as said a clock will tell you the duration of the on period.