Integrated fridge

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by tore81, Sep 29, 2021.

1. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Majority of corner joints aren’t square. Usual to scribe them if not (within reason).
    The female part of the joint gets cut as normal, then the male gets adjusted.

2. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

Butt joints are only done on square-edged worktops. Bullnose ones need a mason's mitre joint. Either can be done off square if you know exactly what you're doing and have the right equipment to do it.

3. chillimonster

chillimonster Screwfix Select

@woodbutcherbower. Some good stuff there. Who'd have guessed..no adjustment. Our new dishwasher ( 1 year and
    6 months old) tripped the RCBO twice and now won't work at all. Yes, probably the element. She can't/won't
    look for the receipt to get a parts free repair. Our old Beko which we threw , :-( , never missed a beat.

4. Hell68

Hell68 Active Member

Think it must be a new thing. My old one had adjustable feet. The one I've recently replaced it with doesn't. But, unlike the OPs one mine is totally level and doesn't need any adjustment at all

5. Hell68

Hell68 Active Member

They look like they're upside down. Surely the holes should be flat on the cabinet floor with the bracket aligned right at the front of the cabinet to screw it in and secure it?

6. woodbutcherbower

Tell me about it mate. I've just finished a kitchen for a lady who's a commercial cake baker (weddings etc.) and she had four tower units side-by-side containing a world of appliances including four Neff ovens at £800 a pop. Three weeks old - and two of them have failed already :( Multi-functional touch-screen control panels chock full of digital electronics - just like modern cars.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    chillimonster likes this.
  7. woodbutcherbower

It doesn't work like that mate. Integrated fridges are set back from the front of the carcass using spacer brackets which sit the appliance in the correct place relative to the front edge of the carcass. The brackets are then screwed to both the appliance and the sides of the carcass - and it's those which hold it rigidly in place. The feet aren't fixed down, they're just there to adjust the height.

Or not ....

tore81 likes this.
  8. Hell68

Hell68 Active Member

I agree with you that's how they used to be. My old one did.
    My new integrated f/f doesn't have adjustable feet. It has the brackets top and middle to secure it in place but also non adjustable brackets at the bottom that screw in to the front of the cabinet carcass and secure it there too. Why it looks like those on the OP f/f are upside down.
    Or possibly missing parts?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  9. woodbutcherbower

I stand corrected mate. Just never seen those, that's all. Probably 90% of all the appliances I install are Lamona ones from Howdens. Every day's a school day ...

Hell68 likes this.
  10. Hell68

Hell68 Active Member

Neither had I until I got this new one :D

Still doesn't really explain why his f/f is out by so much though.
    Maybe needs taking out of the cabinet to make sure the f/f and base of the cabinet are definitely level before re installing

11. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

hi all

thankyou for replies been under the weather. I think the only option is to take it in and out. Pack like you both said

somebody also mentioned the carcass bottom shelf may not Be square causing front to be level but fridge still out.

don’t quite know what you mean upside down? Thanks

12. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Oh ye?

13. Hell68

Hell68 Active Member

Compared to mine looked like the bracket could have been upside down. But seems zanussi ones are like that

tore81 likes this.
  14. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Square edge joint I have, I initially wanted a bash but I’m not sure I want the hassle. Trouble is everyone is flat out.

Not sure I can wait months.

been researching square and you cut the lip back(female) so then the you lay on top of other cut and mark so the male gets cut. Is this correct?

mill have to buy a router for the underneath i know.

15. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Not necessarily...
    You can use a 35mm drill bit (door hinge size) for the joining clamp ends and cut the channel with a hammer and chisel.

tore81 likes this.
  16. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Do you get results doing it like that tho?

17. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I've not had to use that method but I know it exists. If routing out the dog bones was your only reason for buying a router (and a jig, guide bush and cutter)......

stevie22 and tore81 like this.