Which Laser Level?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Lijong Tao, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Lijong Tao

Lijong Tao Member

2. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

Personally I'd go Dewalt as it's a known brand and if there's an issue then SF are very good at returns

Lijong Tao likes this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Huepar Green off amazon.. That's what I'm going to buy however... Have you watched this?

Lijong Tao likes this.
  4. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

I have a Hilti one which is brilliant, but cost an absolute fortune. The laser failed after two years though - so they collected it the same day (their customer service is unbelievably good) and it went off for a warranty repair. I fortuitously called in at Aldi on the way home and saw these unbranded laser levels being sold as one of their 'specialbuys' - so I took a punt at £29 :) When the Hilti came back a day later, I set them both up to compare accuracy. The Aldi one was less than 1mm out across a 4m span. It's still going strong.

CGN likes this.
  5. Lijong Tao

Lijong Tao Member

The Milwaukee one is £500 WOW! I can't justify that, however the DeWalt and Huepar are more or less the same prices.

6. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

What task do you predominantly want the green laser for?

7. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

In the video did the dewalt red get used outside with a receiver ? Generally inside it’s lines, but outside it’s spot levels I need and my trusty red dewalt is good to at least 30m with a receiver :)

CGN likes this.
  8. Graham Linton

Graham Linton Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. Predominantly for tiling, a bit of flooring, hanging pictures etc. Not for professional use I'm just a bit torn between the DeWalt and the Huepar, both being the same price. As suggested the DeWalt have a good returns policy etc... Hmmmm..

9. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

So are you the OP, Lijong Tao or Graham Linton? Weird. Anyways, if that's the case just get the Dewalt, they are cheap as chips now and good for the money, however for what you've described you could just use a spirit level and a string line and save yourself over hundred quid.

10. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Have you changed your name?

woodbutcherbower likes this.
  11. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I’ve had the dewalt red laser for a good few years now and has never let me down and is very accurate. The only thing I wish it had is a pendulum lock so I could set a line on the scunt.

12. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

One thing to be aware of that nearly caught me out a couple of months ago, is that a laser will only work with a laser receiver if the laser has an inbuilt pulse function, the human eye can't see it but if it's not built into the laser, the receiver won't be compatible. I was using my old mans red Dewalt laser that was 11 years old, no pulse, no beep. I bought a brand new green Dewalt laser to use with my new receiver and that incredibly didn't work either, so I had that and a brand new red one out side by side clamped to a girder in the store with my receiver sat on the counter to test them in front of the staff before I went away with yet another dud. The red Dewalt was compatible and the receiver sang like a canary, the green one wasn't and bugger all happened, even though it stated on the packaging that it was good for 30m or so. Don't know if that was a one off as they only had the one green laser in store to test it out, but I wasn't impressed nonetheless, especially as the green ones are far costlier than the red ones and in my opinion certainly no more visible than the red, though they are marketed as being so.

Wayners likes this.
  13. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

Graham Linton Lijong Tao. Has a seductive English/Chinese/Japanese ring to it. A bit like roast beef & Yorkshire pud with gravy-flavoured sweet & sour sauce lathered all over it, and with a dipping pot of Wasabi on the side. All cut up with a Damascus steel Katana and a B&M Bargains 'Sheffield Steel' (the other Sheffield just outside Jiangxi Province btw) quality knife?

And vegetables boiled to a gross, inedible pulp for several hours - because my Mum cooked them old-style.

Oh - Have you bought a Festool dust extractor yet? (See his previous post ....)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  14. Lijong Tao

Lijong Tao Member

No Haven't bought it yet, still looking.
    I have 2 accounts. LastPass stopped all accounts using it unless it was paid for (I had it on phone and PC) and went to one device only unless paid. I have Lijong Tao on my PC but not on my mobile anymore but was logged into my other account, hence the double post. I never use my real name on any forum or social media now. in 2017 my bank account was compromised and I lost £3k. So, Action Fraud suggested I change my name and passwords and not to use my real name, hence the accounts. So, depending on what device I am on I use whatever account it is logged into. I'm completely paranoid now and change names and passwords regularly to prevent more fraud. I don't wish to go through what I did again, it was horrendous.
    Thanks for the info, looks like the Dewalt is the way to go. Much appreciated.

15. Lijong Tao

Lijong Tao Member

I don't think I will be using it to go so far but will check if the DeWalt has this. I think the Huepar has a receiver with it

16. chillimonster

chillimonster Screwfix Select

oh for some x ray specs to see behind all the "nomes des plumes".

17. Lijong Tao

Lijong Tao Member

Just for the record..........I am not Chinese 还是我?

18. chillimonster

:D .

I had visions of some one typing away in a cheongsam when
    you first appeared . :-(

19. Lijong Tao

Lijong Tao Member

Sorry, that was last weekend

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  20. chillimonster

oh dont...where's them specs gone