Remeha Avanta Plus Constant Hum Throughout the Night

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Anrich, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Anrich

Anrich New Member

Good Day Everyone

I have recently moved into my first home in the UK, and this is the first time I have seen or used a combi boiler.

I have the Remeha Avanta Plus, and I can't seem to figure out which year model; nevertheless, the boiler makes a constant hum throughout the night and day, and I was wondering if this is normal or whether I should be concerned?

I have recorded a short video; hopefully, someone here can give me some insights.

2. Anrich

Anrich New Member

I see the audio levels are quite low, I've recorded some audio closer to the boiler.

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

In Airbnb newish 2 year old flat I stayed in (2019) the boiler made a constant noise all night so I switched off.
    Ha.

Wasn't pump but as more a shush kind of noise. Clicking noise was random and also got on my nerves.
    Off button is a fix but maybe not the answer

4. Anrich

Anrich New Member

Haha, quick solution. Knowing nothing about boilers, I am more curious whether they are always on to meet potential demand or configure it only to spin up when there is a demand if that makes sense.

5. Does it stay on continuously or is it just for short periods every so often? Is it a combi boiler?

6. Anrich

Anrich New Member

Last night it stayed on the whole evening. Interestingly after using the shower, for instance, it will go quiet for a while, then later in the evening, the boiler will start with the humming noise.
    At the moment we have no heating on and the boiler is currently humming along.

7. Ah ok, I thought it may be a pre heat function for the hot water coming on sporadically which is normal, but it can’t be that. Could be the fan running, perhaps a faulty pcb causing it to run when it shouldn’t. Just a guess though. I think u will need a boiler engineer to diagnose on site.