Some advise before i can ring my plumber back

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Steve23, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Steve23

Steve23 New Member

Hi all,
    So friday just gone i found my boiler leaking (Vaillant Ecotec pro 28) and i then got a error code which i've had before when the pressures too low.
    so i rang my insurance as i have boiler cover, it turns out it was the condesator trap piping broken and hes been today while i was at work and replaced it and pressurised and it seemed to be working ok when i got home.
    But i've just noticed that it's struggling to get up to temperature in the house and the radiators are only warm at the top on all the radiators and luke warm at the bottom.
    i have turned the main radiator temp up on the boiler (more then what it usually is anyway) and
    I've just tried bleeding them all and there was no trapped air in any of them.
    I'm going to ring him tomorrow when they are back open but would like to know what might be causing it.
    Thanks

2. kiaora

kiaora Guest

hi
    "it turns out it was the condesator trap piping broken"

this problem won't drop the system pressure.
    so you have two problems !

good luck

peter

3. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

If it was a leaking trap then it’s fairly simple with minimal touching other parts.
    There’s a chance he maybe closed the isolation valves then didn’t open them back up correctly but this wouldn’t be necessary when changing just the trap.

Steve23 likes this.
  4. Steve23

Steve23 New Member

Hi thanks for the replies.
    I think I've seen what the problem is this morning.
    I think it's my Hive thermostat the temperature readings are fluctuating by about 1.5° so it would be reading 19° then after about 60 second jump up to 20.5° then back down again and it's repeating that all the time.
    And with my heating set at 19.5 it was turning the boiler off and on.
    Going to reset it when I get home and see if that fixes it.
    Thanks

5. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

If you don’t have zone valves you can simply hold the + and - buttons on the boiler.
    This will put the boiler in a mode that gas engineers use. This will create a heating demand by-passing the nest.
    If all works fine then it’s probably the nest. If you still have issues it could be the boiler.

6. Steve23

Steve23 New Member

Thanks I'll try that when I get home.
    I did set the target temperature to 22 this morning just to test and add the temp was set high it didn't turn the boiler on and off so stayed on and the radiators did get warmer and the house seemed to heat quicker but I only had 10 mins to test that.