Online CAD courses

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Hexagon_son, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Hexagon_son

Hexagon_son New Member

Hi everyone, first post here..Just wanted to see if anyone has had any good experiences with online CAD courses, I’m new to the CAD game but am looking to up my skills to suit the requirements of a new client. Any recommendations gratefully received.

2. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

I did CAD in University but it was called electronic workbench and a special CAD for electrical engineers, the name CAD covers so many packages you really need to know what type of CAD first.

3. Hexagon_son

Hexagon_son New Member

Yes, apologies for not being specific- shows how new I am to the process! I would be using it to draw up plans for proposed mains room layouts within commercial buildings so I’m not entirely sure which specific package would suit!

4. FUNDIMOLD

FUNDIMOLD Active Member

FWIW, try Sketchup which is free (for personal use) entry level 3d software for line drawings. If you are having problems finding a suitable course you could look for 3d freelancers in your area and employ them for an hour or two to get you started.

5. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

Hexagon_son likes this.
  6. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

I used Visio it came with Microsoft Office and had pre made chairs, TV etc. All house heating.jpg
    All considered as CAD depends what you want, one show was when doing central heating. It did not have a flat screen TV.

Hexagon_son likes this.
  7. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Hexagon_son likes this.
  8. Hexagon_son

Hexagon_son New Member

Thanks. Great idea

9. Hexagon_son

Hexagon_son New Member

Thanks- I’ve just downloaded a copy. I’ll have a play around with it this week and see how I get on.

10. Hexagon_son

Hexagon_son New Member

Great. I’ll take a look. And yes- I feel that a full course may cover quite a lot more than I actually need.