Online payment not working

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by BiancoTheGiraffe, Nov 21, 2021.

1. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

Yet again I've tried to place an order online, only to get a blank white box on screen instead of the payment verification stuff...

This happens on my Windows laptop using Edge, my Android phone using Chrome mobile AND the Screwfix app!

Anyone else getting this?

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

No fine with me on browser and app on phone.
    Selected pay with card.

Turn you wifi router off at mains plug for 10 seconds and back on again if your using WiFi.

3. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

Definitely not an issue my end... Either it's their end, or First Direct...

It's happened about 25% of the time over the past year or so. My old First Direct visa card has just been replaced with Mastercard so I'd hoped that would fix it, but same problem...

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I wonder if it is the card clearance then? I still doubt it as 100s of transaction every hour.
    It maybe possible that one of your devises is logged in with open browser tab like the phone and if you try logging in with another device like pc to make payment it could fail. Maybe..
    Maybe close all tabs on all devices and try again with just one.
    I only ever use the phone and don't use the screwfix app as don't have that installed now. Prefer browser. Simpler to manage.

5. Martyn21uk

Martyn21uk Member

I'd imagine it's a problem your end but this should be very easy to work out and be sure.

Don't post anything in here as that would be terrible and could leave you open to scammers and all sorts of nasty people out there who want to take advantage of you. But instead send me a PM with your 16 digit long card number, the expiry date, the 3 digits on the back and also your Post Code. I'll run some basic checks and we should have this resolved for you by the end of the day.

Happy to help!

6. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Screwfix Select

** WARNING**

Please do NOT give your card details to an unknown person!!!

** WARNING**

7. Martyn21uk

Martyn21uk Member

:rolleyes: