how to calculate wood joist size

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by siraz, Apr 28, 2008.

1. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Ideally all joists should sit on a wall.

Moeen likes this.
  2. siraz

siraz New Member

Hi Sinewave,
    He is going to support the joist along the width of the wall on the party wall, so the end of the joist will sit on the either side of the neighbour wall, i am sure these party wall are only single brick am i right ?

Then he was going to place the metal joist hanger which the joiner told me to order Jiffy hanger 2"inch and he place the joist on these 2"inch hanger and the joist will rest on these metal hanger.

I dont mind if he does that, as long it is strong and hold the weight of the joist and other weight, like it will partition upstair in the loft to cover the chimney and other open brickwork.

3. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Alan. ECM hasn't been around for years so is unlikely to see your request. Furthermore we get some mindless trolls on here so if you still have time to edit your post I would remove your email address.

4. Alan Roche

Alan Roche New Member

Deleted. Thank you

5. Moeen

Moeen New Member

Hi siraz and everyone,

Sorry to hijack this post. Could u send me the trada span table please.

My email is moeenahmed365@gmail.com

Thanks

6. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  7. Moeen

Moeen New Member

8. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Simple Google search and you'll find span tables.... And don't advertise your personal contact details on here.. The troll will get you!

9. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

Click on Home, click on a forum subject in top left hand corner , click on Post New Thread in top right hand corner