The Number Of Long Serving Members Still Left.

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Rulland, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Evening all, I'm back after a 'Peter prolonged prohibitive posting period' :(

Yep, I was banished from the forums for around 7 weeks, due to my finite ability in being able to bite my tongue when all hell was breaking loose due to trolls running amok here :cool:

Ultimately I was punished, to be expected I suppose, but I felt so frustrated with all the stuff going on, as did other members!.

Anyway, I was just wondering, has anything particularly changed?, and, more to the point, how many long serving members are left?.

'Cus quickly looking at names, there doesn't appear to be too many, I wonder why!:rolleyes:

Regards.

2. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Most seemed to have been banned ... I was, and then for no reason it was extended.

3. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Thought you'd been quiet lately lol.

There are a couple of really sad permanent losses. Woodbutcherbower got a lifetime ban, which I think is a great loss, his woodworking knowledge was great and he was a pleasant, helpful guy, but as you did, lost it over Trolls.

Welcome back and happy new year.

4. Bazza-spark

@Astramax had a massive ban and was demoted too.

5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

What happened Bazza? Obviously noticed the absence...guessed a bit of ‘foul play’, but hoped he would be back.

6. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Nice to see some familiar faces:)
    Cheers Bazza, and to you mate:D

Bazza-spark likes this.
  7. Tony Goddard

Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

Coulomb has vanished again as well?

And KIAB has been absent for a long period of time, I'm guessing he may be DIYing in another dimension now.

8. Bazza-spark

I think he is still here, last seen early this evening.

Calling @Bazza, calling @Bazza, are you still with us? :D

CGN likes this.
  9. Bazza-spark

Ben got fed up and is taking a rest as far as I know.

Not sure about Kiab.

10. JOMEL

JOMEL Screwfix Select

Hi
    Oh I am sad about WoodButcher.
    The doors he made were out of this world.
    If you read this WB
    SHAME that you are not around really

Johnny M

Adamfya and CGN like this.
  11. Tony Goddard

Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

How long ago did Woodbutcher get canned, I'm sure he was here just before xmas.

Agree, knowledgable contributor, a loss

Maybe he can rejoin under a different user name

12. Jimbo

Jimbo Screwfix Select

does 18 years count?

13. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Sad really.

14. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

What am I doing wrong, I have not been banned.

I did like Ban-all-sheds he did get a bee in his bonnet at times, but he was on most the major forums, finally he locked horns will Wilson on DIYnot and then said good by. But his thing on Part P is still on Ultimate handyman.

I remember when working in Hong Kong and using the repeaters being told do not argue, switch off, if you argue you will be banned. We called them IQ-zeros and there pleasure it seems was to wind up others and get a reaction. They seemed to enjoy being told they were wrong, silly or whatever, only way is to ignore, hard yes, you want to tell them what a so and so they are, but seems they enjoy that, so all you can do is say nothing.

I suppose we all get stuck in ruts from time to time, I don't like 2" down lights, and I am sure referring to then as a planetarium can some times annoy, but will admit they do look better in my old house in kitchen to the 5 foot tube they replaced even if they use more power. And I hope I can be open minded enough to change my attitude to things. However getting too many turns to the coil now for new tricks.

15. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

I am sure you can tempt Bazza out with a posting on use of “electrical neon screwdrivers” or reference to a fusebox, part P etc.

but on a serious note, i suspect many a long time contributor are retired, or close to retirement and as mentioned above, may well have found new employment in the alternate universe.

16. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Yep, sure was, July - Nov.........nice holiday in Bornmuf :rolleyes:......all I said was ***************** **************** ****************** *** ***** ******** ********** **** ******** :oops:

Kingscurate likes this.
  17. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

At least you might know what you did ... I have no idea why I was banned. All it said was "Your message (Troll - thread) contains inappropriate language. ..." What was inappropriate, I have no idea.

Did you by any chance visit TrollHaven next door in BoSCUM? You could have even taken a taxi there - I'm sure the driver would know where.

18. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Good to see you back Rich. Pleased to hear your 'holiday' was relatively short lived.

A number of members appeared to get suspended after an exchange in a thread regarding vaccines, or boosters, or face masks or something like that. Their holiday was due to end on 4.1.22 I believe and their 'offence' was a few days after yours so it would appear that the date was the deciding factor rather than the duration. I do know that WoodButcherBower had his ban made permanent for a different infringement - this is a real loss to the forum in my opinion.

Edit: There was also a bit of a panic that @Jord86 had been 'holidayed' after putting someone straight (which they deserved in my opinion) but thankfully that was unfounded.

Rulland and longboat like this.
  19. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

If you ask Screwfix Peter he will let you know what you posted that caused the inconvenience.:)

20. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Then post it on here so that we all know what to avoid.....

DIYDave. likes this.