What would you rate this bathroom interior?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Sohodollz, Jun 9, 2022.

?

What would you rate this room?

1. 0-3

2. 4-5

3. 6-8

4. 9-10

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sohodollz

Sohodollz New Member

What would you rate this bathroom from 1 to 10? Does it look all right, and what would you describe as best and worst about this room? 12.jpg

2. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

Can't see the bath and the room has no door! Try again.

Kingscurate likes this.
  3. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

Towels are neat.

4. Kingscurate

Kingscurate Active Member

Wheres the photographer's reflection in the mirror?

Offshore likes this.
  5. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Bit of a mishmash of styles, actually major mix. Traditional looking loo, minimalist looking sink, wainscot paneling looks victorianesque, mirror modern. All the walls different paint or style. I know it's easy to criticise but this makes it very easy.

You mentioned AI in your previous post. I am curious as to how AI is involved in the design of this as it looks just like the rendering from a conventional room design program, as another poster mentioned.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  6. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Wondering if the same program was used when Putin's daughter designed her flat in St Petersburg?
    [​IMG]

weak and Hans_25 like this.
  7. vrDrew63

vrDrew63 Active Member

They certainly are neat. But they won't dry very well folded up like that. Meaning you need a new towel after every use, and end up doing a lot of laundry, using energy, water, detergent, etc.

Not to be snarky, but that's the problem with many interior decorating schemes. They might look fantastic in pictures - but in real life they turn out to be quite impractical.

FUNDIMOLD and Kingscurate like this.
  8. Notnowvicar

Notnowvicar Screwfix Select

Get better design software...that image is rubbish do you work for Barratt homes ?

9. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

That’s AI’s imagination of a perfect bathroom! Curious as AI will never need to use one. But then again we know that AI’s learn by repeated “teaching” rather than programming so maybe it’s just reflecting on the so called perfect bathrooms” shown to it.

10. FUNDIMOLD

FUNDIMOLD Active Member

A new estate has just been completed in a nice village near me. 3 bed semis, no garage but you get a drive for 2 cars. £425k. And very nice too in the artists realistic 3d illustration. Not a car to be seen, just shrubs. I wondered, without a garage, where everyone was going to store the 'carp' that we all accrue over the years. Yep, on their drives under plastic covers. Nice. Shame the artist didn't include all the tat, white vans and trampolines in the rural idyll illustrations. Oh how I laughed when I saw the reality!

stevie22 likes this.
  11. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

You can just see it, right below the foot-bath..

12. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

That's what it is! I thought it was a drinking fountain.

gadget man likes this.
  13. Sohodollz

Sohodollz New Member

No AI was used to design this. However, it was made on the same platform. I was just wondering if people find this design attractive/appealing.

14. Sohodollz

Sohodollz New Member

Really? Why should I?
    I am by no means a pro designer. Just looking for ideas to renovate a bathroom without any efforts to learn professional soft/techniques.

15. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

Somebody will love it but if you post for opinions you’ll get loads of people who don’t.

Personally I think there’s too much going on and too many materials and styles but as you’re not designing it for me who cares. Last bathroom I installed was all pink including pink mottled diamond shaped tiles. Haven’t found anyone who likes it except the client…who is the only one who matters.

If you’re designing to attract business to your skills I’d tend to initially keep more strictly to the current fashion for quite pared down sleek shapes and materials, large format tiles, clean lines. Open spaces etc. Then also do some more eclectic stuff. Panelling, ornate papers, chandeliers, oversized (real) planting, reclaimed materials. Etc etc.

Sohodollz likes this.
  16. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

If it’s for you then it’s perfect. Don’t bother asking anyone else. Who cares. It’s not their bathroom.

Sohodollz likes this.
  17. Sohodollz

Sohodollz New Member

That was helpful :rolleyes:

Truckcab79 likes this.