Heated towel rail.

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Wingrider13, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Wingrider13

Wingrider13 New Member

Hello. Thinking of installing a dual fuel towel rail in the bathroom so connected to the c/h and electric element. Do I have to have a qualified electrician to install the electric element in order to comply with regulations? Many thanks.

2. Wingrider13

Wingrider13 New Member

Sorry, posted in wrong place.

3. Mech me

Mech me New Member

Easy one, anything Electrical you need a qualified electrician, it’s simply KW = cable size and elec mods etc, you need a spur and the correct amp from the ring etc…

If you have to ask the question, what do you think is the answer I’m going to give?

4. Wingrider13

Wingrider13 New Member

So to change a blown fuse in a plug I need a qualified electrician? Don't think so!
    A sensible one?

LucaLuca, Cliff Rees and koolpc like this.
  5. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Taking a close look at the question, it would seem that the request is limited to the installation of the heater in the towel rail (ie screwing the thing in) and does not include any electrical work.

6. Wingrider13

Wingrider13 New Member

Thanks for the reply Bob. My question should have been better worded. I am replacing a radiator with a heated towel rail so it needs the whole electrical installation done. I understand now that any electrical installation done in a bathroom is notifiable so I will be getting in touch with an electrician soon.

7. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Thanks, fit the heater to the new towel rail and get the electrician to connect it.