Solar Inverter Install

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Toku, Sep 26, 2022.

1. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Sure. I can’t promise anything, as you’re a bit out of his area, but it’s worth a try.

2. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

If you have any previous communiations with Peter in your Inbox, you can reply to one of those and he will pick it up from there (I have a few from being told off lol).

Astramax, CGN and FlyByNight like this.
  3. Notnowvicar

Notnowvicar Screwfix Select

If you have just replaced the inverter whats the issue ? is it grid tie or just off grid ?

4. Toku

Toku New Member

I have replaced the inverter, but the installation app, appears to require a registered person to finish the installation, so that I can get my guarantee.
    I am quite comfortable with my installation, after all, I am the one that has to live with it, just getting things done the requested way and yes, it is Grid tie.

5. jimbobby

jimbobby Screwfix Select

Unconnect it, put it back in the box and call in a sparks to install it.
    "The old one was disconnected and sent away to be repaired but was not repairable"
    Unless of course the electricians today are not allowed to replace storage heaters , showers, cookers, hobs, outside lights, Car chargers etc. ...'cos they did not install them' ?

6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

only a slap on the wrist from Screwfix Samantha :D

Bazza-spark likes this.
  7. Bazza-spark

Beginner! :D:p

CGN likes this.
  8. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

:D

9. adgjl

adgjl Screwfix Select

There is a world of a difference between changing a cooker and a solar inverter. Getting one wrong means you won’t get your hot evening meal. Getting the inverter wrong, you have the ability to kill or injure a DNO worker if it is able to backfeed the public supply network due to an incorrect setting!

10. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

Have any of you ever watched a video showing the potential arc you may get from the D.C. plugs and sockets or damaged cables on a PV inverter? This video also shows some of the potential issues with the panels.

BGL likes this.
  11. Bazza-spark

It is crucial that panels are covered during installation and maintenance, the voltages rise rapidly when exposed to light

CGN likes this.
  12. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Exactly, I’d be more concerned with someone getting a clunk off the dc side.

13. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

@screwfix.peter

Any chance of getting some info to Toku please without directly showing it publicly?

14. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Only a few! I had to empty my inbox to make room for more! ;)

Bazza-spark and CGN like this.
  15. Toku

Toku New Member

I saw those when searching for a suitable DC switch, to install, as the original experts failed to do so.

16. Toku

Toku New Member

I do not know how to make a non public reply to responses in this forum.

17. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

We’ll see what Peter comes back with. I’m sure he can help.

18. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

The only other option is for both of us to briefly join another forum under the same name and pm/dm there.

jimbobby likes this.
  19. Ind spark

Ind spark Screwfix Select

Make another email address put it on here, when hes messaged you dont use it again.

Why cant we private message anyway?

jimbobby and CGN like this.
  20. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

It’s a long story, but basically pm’s we’re getting abused by unscrupulous trolls. If you’ve had contact with someone in the past, then you can usually still message them.

Ind spark likes this.