Problems with radiators, do not heat up

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by NDS, Dec 3, 2022.

?

Multiple radiators do not heat up. Done bleeding and refilling.

1. Multiple airlocks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Problem with boiler.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NDS

NDS New Member

Problem started when 2 radiators were not heating. When balancing, I forgot to turn the boiler off. Now four different radiators are not heating. Boiler was running after I finished balancing but the pressure was zero. I have no idea now. I have drained and refilled the system, but it did not help.

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Balancing rads wouldn't cause boiler pressure to drop. What exactly did you do ?

3. NDS

NDS New Member

Thank you. I also bled some radiators that caused the loss of pressure in the boiler. Was a bad day.

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Close TRV's on all rads that heat up ,and 3 rads that do not. Leaving one rad with its TRV open and it's lockshield half open. Run heating till that rad heats up. Then move onto next rad that doesn't heat and open its TRV,that should now heat up. Report back on the results

exbg likes this.
  5. NDS

NDS New Member

Thank you. I will do it today and report back.

terrymac likes this.
  6. NDS

NDS New Member

Just to be clear, do I also close lockshield valves on all radiators except the one that is left half open.

7. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

No just TRV,s

8. NDS

NDS New Member

Thank you, will do.