Teeing off this water supply for washing machine feed

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Nrm90, May 26, 2023.

1. Nrm90

Nrm90 New Member

Hello, DIYer have done a fair amount of work but not much plumbing, I'm looking to tee off the main water feed here to run cold water down into my basement for the washing machine. I'm stood at the top of the basement step, door is in the right of the pic, so I need the pipework to follow the blue line I've drawn and clip along the wall down the steps..where's the best point to tee into in this pipework? And am I okay just going with uPVC? [​IMG]

2. arrow

arrow Screwfix Select

Picture has not loaded, for the best job though use copper.

3. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

But yes you are ok with plastic

4. Nrm90

Nrm90 New Member

hi did this work now

Attached Files:

5. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

Yes it has and why don't you just come off the chrome isolation valve above the blue line

6. arrow

arrow Screwfix Select

You have a right old lash up there.
    If you do not want to get it made better by getting rid of all the plastic fittings, you could change the washing machine valve above the blue line for an isolation valve and run copper from there.

7. Nrm90

Nrm90 New Member

Yeah it's a proper bodge job from my old man down the years. I'm not that bothered with starting with copper etc. So replace the chrome isolation valve with a plastic t and run pin it along the wall underneath then to the wall following down the stairs?

8. arrow

arrow Screwfix Select