Best and worst car you have ever owned.

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by Captain Leaky, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Best: 1971Mini ( love it)

Worst: 2005 Mazda 5 unreliable heap of junk ( hate it)

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

best,,1965 jaguar 3.4S. the one like in the sweeny, thirsty but luxury and speed,
    worst a 1978 mark 4 cortina, bought it brand new and had 2 years of breakdowns that they never fixed,I was glad to get rid of that wreck,

3. Littlehamptonchap

Littlehamptonchap New Member

Best: Skoda Rapid Convertible, brilliant on trackdays and accelerates like a rocket from the lights, great for pulling chicks n'all.

Worst: Pagani Zonda, no room for a wheelbarrow and no spare parts kept at Halfords.

4. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Best would be my current BMW 135M. An amazing motor. Makes me smile everytime I hoon it around the local lanes.

Worst by far would be a 2002 Audi A4. Possibly the most boring and depressing car ever made. Nothing went wrong. I just never wanted to drive it.

5. Littlehamptonchap

Here's me thinking the S-type Jag had a Mk10 stylee boot unlike that Mk2 that Regan drove.

6. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

One of the most enjoyable and quirky cars we have owned would be the Fiat Multipla which we still have even though it is twelve years old.  Without a doubt the worst car I owned recently was an Audi Q7. I knew it was a mistake as soon as I drove it home. Big, ostentatious and frankly vulgar. I traded it in for a Landrover Discovery which somehow manages to be big without being offensive.

7. I always double check what I buy so I dont mess up that often.
    But I love my Ford Kuga that I have now.

8. snezza31

snezza31 New Member

Best car by a long way was my 1989 Sierra Sapphire Cosworth. Kept it for 6 years and in a moment of madness P/ex it on the worst car I've ever owned, a 2004 Rover 220 Turbo Coupe. If that was the sort of un-reliable rubbish Rover were making, then no wonder they went bust!!!!!

If were allowed to bring vans into the arguement, then for reliability and value for money, my 2006 2.5L Renault Trafic(brought new), would be a close second to the Cossie.

Snezza31.

9. If its vans or trucks then it was my beloved Toyota High Lux truck. Never let me down and broke my heart when I sold it.
    Loved that truck.

10. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I'm quite fond of my Toyota Hiace too :)

11. Mememe 2

Mememe 2 New Member

"I hit a cat with your car on the way home." said my girlfriend.

"Was it a black one?" I laughed.

"No", she said, "it was a big yellow one with tracks instead of wheels.

12. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Vauxhall Midi Van ,,,Vauxhall are *Ford are Fab

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

13. Mememe 2

Mememe 2 New Member

Washing my old Vauxhall yesterday, I noticed traces of mould on the rubber seal around the sunroof.I've got Vectra Mildew, I don't belieeeeeve it!

Abbadon2001 likes this.
  14. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I'm surprised anyaone would admit to owning a Vectra. It's like confessing that you vote Liberal....

15. My Zafira is s***-hot.

And, what's wrong with voting Liberal?

16. Littlehamptonchap

A Zafira with yellow stickers, you lucky man. I bet you're allowed sex every few months n'all.

17. Er, yes, of course...

18. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

RAC man to broken down woman driver, " yer battery's flat missus"   " oh dear, what shape should it be?

19. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

anyrode back to topic, yes littlemonfromdarnnsarfff, the boot was slopey like a mark 10 unlike morse's jag, but it had the same front as morse's, it had 2 petrol tanks and you switched over the petrol gauge from a toggle switch on the dash,

vans? I've never had a bad van, just lucky I guess each one I've bought, as been the best so far.

20. Littlehamptonchap

Eeeeeeeeeee, begorra, t'omps, the front were a tad different tha knerrrs cos headlamps were recessed wi' eyebrow thingies but you probably knew that all along, I'd say, old being.