Hitachi cordless saw/combi/torch

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by lamello, Mar 19, 2008.

1. lamello

lamello New Member

Was i a trade counter and they had these out on display, they are so cheap and lightweight it is unbeleiveable. It looks like real diy store own brand stuff. I cant believe our hosts had them on originally for 399.

2. handcraft

handcraft New Member

ive seen these too lam but then again i have the makita liion kit and the circsaw feels a bit flimsy but is a great tool

lee

3. lamello

lamello New Member

too me they looked like they wouldnt last five minutes. I havent got a cordless saw but I have a bosch 14.4v jigsaw and planer and they take a real beating some days, the hitachi looked like it was really cheaply made.

4. handcraft

handcraft New Member

i suppose you dont know until its in use do you i love my makita saw but the plastic blade gaurd among other things is a bit tacky

lee

5. lamello

lamello New Member

I had a play about with the saw while I was waiting and was not impressed.

6. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

the saw is naff i have used 1. the impact driver is really good

7. starlight tiles

starlight tiles New Member

we have the bosch monster kit all 18v cordless.
    circular saw struggles on interior doors.

8. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

i use a 24v hilti circular saw on every thing apart from the stuff that needs to be really chip free. It fits the festool guide which is a bonus

9. chippy mike

chippy mike New Member

ive got the 18v hitachi 3.0ah l-ion cordless combi drill and its got so much power for an 18v cordless with auger bits,hss, hole saws etc etc. well worth the money.

don't know about the saw was hoping to get a naked one sometime but if its **** i'll stcik to my 110 makita

10. stevie.c

stevie.c New Member

ive got the 18v hitachi lithion l-ion drill.
    keep meaning to send it back but it would leave me without a drill.the problem with mine is the chuck,when im drilling locks out with a spade bit,the the chuck tightns up that much i have to get the adjustable grips on it.also when im using hss bits they slip in he chuck .
    bosch or makita for me next