Price on loft tank change

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by leechy, Aug 20, 2006.

1. leechy

leechy New Member

Just done a favour for a friend and changed his loft tank, thanks for the advise on this in the past! Thought I would have to link two tanks together but managed to man handle a large coffin type up into the tiny loft space!!!

My question is, how much would you expect the following to cost?

No loft light and the portible lights I have heat the loft to an unbearable temperature so I fitted a loft light for him.

Drain down original 25gal tank and remove.

The platform this was on was in very poor condition so
    built a new one raising the tank slightly.

Fit new tank 50gal and plumb up, mains fill, two outlet's one for DHW and other to feed the ensuite shower. replace overflow pipework which was shot.

refill and check system.

Took a full day to do and was pain due to the lack of room in the loft especially with the size of the tank.

Cost £50 in parts (not including the tank). I am interested in the price you chaps would charge for this!?

2. leechy

leechy New Member

Sould say the job was in Cheshire!

3. mates rates are hard to suggest on. depends upon what "cheap" jobs he can owe you, how close a friend he is, etc.

maybe £50 for the day, plus materials. or if a proper customer £200 for labour. :)

4. Dreadnaught Heating

Dreadnaught Heating New Member

If he's a 'good/proper' mate, then he'll volunteer a full days pay, so that he can ask you back again

Only you know if he's a chancer, I would suggest £150 plus mats, plus I do hope there was a cuppa every hour or so? ;)

Patrick

5. leechy

leechy New Member

I have to say that he is very good with the cup's of tea and sandwiches for lunch!

Funny enough £150 is what he paid me, don't think this is bad at all, just interested in what you thought.

Would have charged more for a customer?? He wants me to go back and add a Rad in his conservatory and when I was doing the loft tank noticed the header on the system looks tired so will probably change that at the same time!?