Countersink system

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by d438a1, Jan 11, 2008.

1. d438a1

d438a1 Member

Does anyone reccomend a good countersink and driving system? I was using the dewalt flipover countersink system, but it doesnt last very long as the grub screws get worn and don't hold the pilot hole bits very well.

What I am after is a quick changeover system for pilot hole, countersink and driving screws. Any recommendations....?

2. joiner_sim

joiner_sim New Member

2 drills one with a countersink, the other with a screw driving bit in ;)

3. jasonb

jasonb New Member

I use a dewalt quick change chuck, like a trend snappy chuck to take hex recess bits.

Drill the clearance hole and countersink in one with a trend TCT countersink, which will aslo drill deeper if you want to plug the screwhole. Then switch to a hex recess magnetic holder with suitable screwdriver bit.

The advantage of the TCT ones is they last longer in MDF & MFC and they drill a clearance hole of decent depth (use the metric range)

Jason

4. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

drill and impact driver is my choice. Right tool for the job

5. joiner_sim

joiner_sim New Member

I'm still after an impact driver but it's not as urgent now as I'm using the companies drill now so I'm not bothered!

6. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

use an impact drill you rarely need a separate countersink

7. problem

problem New Member

the makita version is ok but has a bit of play in the barrel. dewalt is a bit pricey.