kitchen deck mixer tap leaking though the hot tap

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by damian kavanagh, Nov 3, 2019.

1. damian kavanagh

damian kavanagh New Member

I am attempting to fix a leak in a DECK-MOUNTED SINK MIXER KITCHEN TAP. During the process, I noticed the soft pad between the sink surface and the tap was in a bad way so I cut off the bad bits. I reinstalled taps, tightened all and siliconed around the tap top surface. There is water making its way down through the hot water hole (silicone not effective). Does anyone know where I can get a replacement foam pad?

2. You're sure that you centred the tap in the sink holes?
    I'd've siliconed the underside of the tap before I fitted it, shouldn't leak then. You can be generous, let the squiged out bits go off and the cut off with sharp blade.
    Otherwise Google it - someone's bound to sell 'em!

damian kavanagh likes this.
  3. damian kavanagh

damian kavanagh New Member

Thanks for your reply.
    Its centred as best I could. I definitely didnt silicone under the tap before inserting and possibly cleaned off sqigged out silicone before it went off. So these are 2 things to try. I also found this online...
    https://www.plumbers-mate-sales.co....r-foam-base-washer-seal---50103873-5186-p.asp

4. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

I use a butyl rubber sheet of about 4mm thick and cut a new gasket for the mixer tap.
    Also centre the mixer on the holes, as above post stated.

damian kavanagh likes this.