Poly carb roof ...problem

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by busy builder, Oct 8, 2009.

1. busy builder

busy builder New Member

I fitted a 25mm polycarb roof system to an existing timber conservatory.The problem I've got is the tap on plastic cover strip that goes over the sheeting joints, no matter how I tap them on they keep coming off.

The sheets are 25mm thick and the metal strip that fastens down onto the joist is less than the thickness of the sheet ie it is about 15mm and the plastic cover strip has to be flattened so it clicks into the metal strip, but it has to be pushed down about 6 or 7mm and as I work along the strip it pops out again !!!!

Anyone done these before ? any tips please ?

2. Big Jumbo

Big Jumbo New Member

Sounds like you have the 15mm jointing strips. Drill and bolt or get the right strip.

3. Doink

Doink New Member

Without a sheet fitted push the cover strip on to the ali glazing bar,use all the teeth available,so it goes right on,then measure the gap between the gaskets to see what size sheet should go in allowing for a bit of spring in the cover strip too,sounds like you have the wrong ali glazing bar

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

...or, if you have a gasket underneath the poly, that it is the correct size and correctly located.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really