Socket surrounds

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by DaveM, Jan 28, 2004.

1. DaveM

DaveM New Member

Where can I get socket surrounds for double plug sockets? I have looked in B&Q and various other places, but have come up blank. I am looking for the one that fit behind the sockets and are held in place by the socket rather than the ones that stick to the wall (they are truly awful!)

The reason I need them is because when my house was skimmed, they decided not to move the sockets and plastered round them, so now when I take them off, chunks of plaster somes with the socket. The surrounds I am hoping would hid the missing chunks and I would not have to show off my lack of filling expertise!

I'm looking for white plastic surrounds for double sockets and then (if they exist) brushed steel (or brushed steel effect) surrounds for single light sockets.

Anyone?

Cheers
    Dave

2. Aardvark

Aardvark New Member

Did anyone come up with any of these? I could use one for where the cutout in some tiles is just a tad larger than the shaver socket destined to go there.

3. chtechie

chtechie Member

There I was being guided round B&Q Warehouse at Luton by SWMBO and I spotted lots of different surrounds - If they keep them there then they must have them at one of there other branches.

4. Aardvark

Aardvark New Member

Luton... hmm... south somewhere innit? B&Q? Wassthat then.

5. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

... B&Q? Wassthat then.

It's a shed.

Don't go there.