worst colur schemes

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by gardm1nt, Jul 12, 2006.

1. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

I went last week to quote for two bathroom fit and a kitchen fit, Old recently sold dilapidated farmhouse.

The first bathroom suite was leamon yellow with ultramarine blue walls and pink primed skirting and bare floorboards. The second was orange with apple green walls and red carpet. The kitchen was made of old hand made units painted with thirty years of yellowed gloss and blue gloss over the tiles, linoleum floor!

Have you seen worse?

2. handyman.

handyman. New Member

a large house, with all the external woodwork done in mint green. She actually wanted it all done the same colour!! Talked her into white with cream sills

3. Telmay

Telmay New Member

I worked out in France and in this bathroom they had this multi-green wallpaper with big flowers - they had put it on the walls, ceiling and door! It was like a bad trip being in that room!

4. jonny the expert

jonny the expert New Member

Customer called me into their new house and asked me to quote. They wanted every wall Jasmin white, every ceiling white all floors sanded and varnished. It's a 4 bed detached. Every floor was glossed with a red, yellow, green, blue etc. Walls were also primary coloured, then I went upstairs. In two of the bedrooms the previous owners had painted the walls florescent colours, not too dissimilar to Dyno-rod pink/orange. When my customer turned on the lights, wow, you really did need to protect your eyes. The previous owner was a female Italian hippie pediatrician Doctor.....