Do I need hinge tite screws for butt hinges

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by lemonade, Jan 6, 2017.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Why did you think a double countersink screw or a bugle head would fit better?
    It didn't fit because it was the wrong screw and the trigonometry was wrong.
    Can you explain the trigonometry?
    Do you even know what trigonometry is?
    Do you know what a screw is?
    Have you ever had one or do you rely on your tiny, trump like, hands? :eek::eek:

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Why are you now changing 'countersink angle' to trigonometry?

Just admit it. The countersink on the screw didn't match the countersink of the hole.

Ug ug ug ug ug ug.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Why did you advise to use the wrong screw, it's quite a simple question that you can't seem to answer.
    I can answer your questions but I won't until you have explained exactly why you advised the OP to use the wrong screws rather than slinging abuse at me.
    It's your call o_Oo_O

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It is very obvious why it didn't fit my miniscule mate but you are too angry to work it out.
    You also haven't said how using the wrong screws would solve the problem.
    Over to you Einstein :)

5. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Chill people, life REALLY is to short, the amount of family and friends that I see dying is unbelievable, maybe it's because I'm getting older, we'll all be there one day.
    Make the most of the breaths you take now tbh.

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Why did you advise to use the wrong screws?
    As I said I know the answer to your question and it is very simple but you don't know the answer and you can't answer my question.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm very chilled but handy seems to be boiling over :)

Rulland likes this.
  8. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Life really is too short guys, I ain't just saying it 'cos everyone does, been there, got the t-shirt, and you lot arguing about trivial things have been there/will be there, time to call a truce surely peeps:rolleyes:

gadget man likes this.
  9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Did you look up trigonometry and understand it as your mathematical answer is there or experince will give you your other answer.
    I have given you both answers on this post already but your intelect can't see it.
    Your loss loser.:)

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I don't have a problem Rulland, I'm just sat here watching a film, tickling my wifes feet, drinking some red wine and watching Handy tieing himself in knots trying not to admit he made a trivial mistake, 'cos Handy can't make mistakes. I find it fairly amusing watching a sanctimonious idiot giving himself an ulcer. :):)

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Well it looks like Handy has finally taken his meds, lets hope his therapy works as well. :)

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Very quiet on the Handyandy raving lunacy stakes tonight, I wonder if he's been sectioned?

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Not been seen since Sat, sectioned or sin binned.

14. Doall

Doall Active Member

Still on a binge lol

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm betting on a sin bin so he should be back dribbling by Fri/Sat.

16. Ed Ugarte

Ed Ugarte New Member

Feeling a bit lost without my daily fix of HA & Chippie

17. Doall

Doall Active Member

So who was right and who was wrong ??

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That's fairly obvious isn't it :cool::cool:

Doall and Joe95 like this.
  19. lemonade

lemonade Member

I've found some number 7 screws I bought from toolstation, wickes and my local handyman but I cannot try them yet as I've lost the hinges I had at the moment. What I will say the screws from wickes have a different angle countersunk.

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Can you post a photo?