Installing an extractor hood

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Jez Smith, Jul 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jez Smith

Jez Smith New Member

I am installing a Siemens iQ300 LC96BBM50 cooker hood the recommended hight seems to be 65cm to 80cm from the gas hobs however as the user is very tall she would really like it to be 110cm, mainly so as not to bump her head on when cooking. Obviously there is no danger etc of putting it this distance above the hobs but would it then be useless as an extractor? Has anyone placed one this sort of distance above the hobs?

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Yes, fitted quite a few extractors higher especially for me to stop me banging my head when leaning over the hob. Efficiency lot will depend on the size of thtee hob, flue size and obviously the height fitted and how the customer cooks.

3. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

110 sounds VERY high.

That would mean the customer is 2m tall ...

kitfit1 likes this.
  4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

She could cook in heels ?

kitfit1 likes this.
  5. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

8" stilettos maybe?

kitfit1 likes this.
  6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

This thread could deteriorate very quickly ........;)

7. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Lol :D Yet another Troll me thinks. Unless in an early Victorian house or more likely Georgian house, there is no way you could fit that hood at that height and still have the motor assembly below ceiling height :D

8. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Pics of customer required against a Vivaro to prove the headroom needed :D

9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Could well be, there are a lot of time wasting threads about.
    Whilst it is a completely different design, I have a cooker hood similar to this that hinges out. I had to move mine quite a way up the wall to stop me catching my head on the leading edge. The front edge comes some 650mm from the wall and had to move up so that is 1.9m from from the floor and before anyone asks - I don't wear heels.

upload_2019-7-23_19-34-26.png

10. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Have fitted a few of those hoods. They look fantastic when fitted.......................the first time i put one of them up, it just looked like a big TV lol. The think is though, it has nothing to do with the height of the OP's question :D:D:D:D or actual hood . But then the OP is a Troll of course.

11. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Cooker hoods are the work of the Devil - you always seem to be missing that third arm when fitting , have to be a contortionist to fit them and then become the worlds best blood donor when fitting the metal flue cover.

12. Jez Smith

Jez Smith New Member

Yes she is 2m tall without heels.. I am in the Netherlands and the houses are as tall as the people.. and some.. the hob is a Siemens EP9A6SC90N pics of hob and hood attached.. none of the client you dirty *.there is plenty of room for the flume etc it's really will it work well that far away from the hob

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2019
  13. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

I can safely say, i has donated more Blood than most blood doners would think safe....................just fitting said flue covers :D:D

14. Jez Smith

Jez Smith New Member

Ok so come on guys, do you think it will be ok at the requested hight? Or do I have to put it at 80cm as a max?