Old wiring

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Nytram, Dec 4, 2003.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Heres my contrbush...contribusshion...contri...reply

the old conduits in the walls tend to be oval shaped and are surprisingly voluminous in their molecular state of equilibrium

Best thing to do is pull the old stuff out and push the news tuff in...if it gest stick then its hammer and bolster timeor if you are well wedged Makita SDS plus hammer drill with rotor stop and corresponding bit...eh

RSS

2. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I just cant believe how bad the spelling is in that post...

3. RCDD

RCDD New Member

And I thought you said "Good spelling is a sign of intelligence"

Don't be too hard on yourself.

4. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Maybe I'm thick? Maybe I'm not...are you following me around RCDD?...:^O

5. RCDD

RCDD New Member

I know your not thick, you cant be if your a spark, I should know i'm one as well.

Btw you were right about the spell check button, it works.

Cheers

6. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

But the spelling check doesn't tell you that you've written "your not thick" and "your a spark" when you should have written "you're not thick" and "you're a spark", does it?

Judge not, lest....

7. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

PS - Millennium_Boy, we miss you - why aren't you here banging on about obsolete 3/.029 imperial cable and telling Nytram that he should get a NICEIC electrician to replace it?

Shame on me for not being able to resist that :)

8. Milton Bradley

Milton Bradley New Member

Yes - to be safe, obsolete 3/.029 cable can be dangerous - get it replaced if in any doubt - decaying cables are no joke - get an NICEIC or ECA or suitable electrician to advise you.

9. supersparky

supersparky New Member

WEY WE HAVE ECA!!!!! btw MB 7029 is plastic no decay, it is replaced only because it has no earth in lighting....
    what certificates do you have? and are you niceic registered?
    BR

10. Milton Bradley

Milton Bradley New Member

I just mentioned NICEIC, cause they have an advert displayed right opposite me - that's all...

11. supersparky

supersparky New Member

well thast fair enough, but you need to realise that nic and eca are no more qualified than a normal electrician, and i know the nic guys on here will back me up on that, im not having a pop at you the nic or the eca but i have seen some ***** work done by nic approved contractors.....and im ashamed to say it but its sometimes worse than diy stuff.....

BR