Pumped bath waste

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dionysus, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus New Member

I have to provide a pumped bath waste to a drain above the level of the bath trap - too high to raise the bath. Most people recommend Saniflo, which provides (Saniplus) a WC and bath waste, but I don't need a WC outlet, and the Saniplus is very expensive. Is there another cheaper legal way of doing this? Saniflo say none of their products will do but the Saniplus.

2. Tired-old-git

Tired-old-git New Member

yes i have a loft bathroom with macerator connected to a wc.basin and bath works well althoug a bit noisy in the middle of the night :) i thought the saniflo price a bit steep so i got mine from wickes for the same product i believe its made by saniflow with a wickes sticker on top
    it all pumps through a 1 1/4" pipe into a soil stack outside. Word of warning dont let dental floss or tampons down the wc as the striping down of macerator is a pain when blocked ..not a nice job belive me!! good luck hope this helps

3. kesh

kesh New Member

I don't think tampons would fit down a bath waste!! - never tried though!

But seriously, getting one out from a well used WC connected saniflow is not the pleasantest of jobs.

Don't know of another solution for bath waste.

4. kesh

kesh New Member

& another thing, why does the stupid blonde insist on flushing again & again when the pump has stopped & the pans full of water!!!!

5. GJC

GJC New Member

Why not............................

Use the saniplus, but place a short piece of 110 in the hole with a stop end whacked on it? Though you'd need something to stop it sagging and leaking, it's amazing what you can make with 2x2 and some sticky back plastic!

GJ

6. GJC

GJC New Member

Kesh,

Cos blondes lick to see hunky men in tight Snickers??

GJ

7. kesh

kesh New Member

Does it sag? I would have thought that the jubilee clip would hold it in place if the 110mm was short enough - never tried it though.

8. kesh

kesh New Member

"Cos blondes lick to see hunky men in tight Snickers??"

You taking lessons from Supersparky? - I saw you hanging 'round together on another post!

Blonds lick - I like the sound of that!!

9. GJC

GJC New Member

kesh,

My typing suffer when I need caffine.........back in 10 mons wiv me speel chuck wirkin.

GJ

10. kesh

kesh New Member

LOL:)

11. supersparky

supersparky New Member

ahh just cos i type faster than i can speeeeel!

BR

12. Dionysus

Dionysus New Member

I was hoping for a cheaper solution than the Saniplus, which has the ability to macerate wc waste, which I don't need. I'll take a look at Wickes (they have no place near us). I suppose a macerator just for a wc would do by juggling the inlet - but it's a bit high and might not take the bath outlet. Anyway, thanks for the replies. I once had to clean out a sanitary towel from a macerator - not a pleasant job, but not nearly as bad as I feared beforehand, but I wouldn't want to make a living by it.

13. Vayres

Vayres New Member

14. GJC

GJC New Member

Not a good idea for a bath!

GJ