1200MM WORKTOPS

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by ALMOST PERFECTION, Aug 21, 2006.

1. ALMOST PERFECTION

ALMOST PERFECTION New Member

Hi,

I am fitting a 1,200mm wide breakfast bar (two 600mm base units back to back). Does anyone know where I can get a 1,200mm wide laminate worktop to avoid two 600mm widths with a joint down the middle. Nowhere seems to stock or make a 1,200mm width (or thereabouts). I live in Bedfordshire.

2. britishblue

britishblue New Member

If you've got two 600mm base units back-to-back under the breakfast bar, where are your legs going to go, when sitting at the bar?

BB

3. britishblue

britishblue New Member

4. jasonb

jasonb New Member

Don't fancy having to lift that one at 1200x4100!!!

Jason

5. ALMOST PERFECTION

Sorry, misled you. More a 1,200mm wide by 2,300mm long work surface than a breakfast bat that you sit at.

6. ALMOST PERFECTION

BB - thanks for the advice

7. Boff

Boff New Member

Only people that I know of that make them are Getalit which are available on the site posted above and £290 is a very good price. Getalit will make them up with either 1 post formed edge (worktop) or 2 (breakfast bar) but expect to wait around 5 weeks to get them from Germany.

Be warned - they are seriously heavy :)

8. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Is this for yourself or a job ?

I was thinking, you can't reach over 1200mm, so you would need to walk round etc.

Wouldn't an idea be to fit 2 worktops(breakfast bar-double edged) with a walkway between them, then you could walk through and access both tops.

Leave the backs off the units and be able to reach down for items in the cupboards. Heck, you could even fit access doors to the ends of the aisle.

Just thinking aloud...

Mr. HandyAndy - really

9. ALMOST PERFECTION

Thanks everyone for the advice - really helpful

10. STGO

STGO New Member

yes andy, and a little door to narnia,