Fitters required- free local classified advertising, no catch whatsoever

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by wopdiddly, Sep 22, 2006.

1. wopdiddly

wopdiddly New Member

We have developed a website in good faith to help customers find reliable tradesmen. It is free for tradesmen to advertise on, there are no hidden charges AT ALL.

The number of visitors now hitting the website has recently increased rapidly. With no advertising whatsoever we have attracted 19000 visitors this year since inception. If you search for a VAST amount of querys like find a tiler, recommend a tradesman...etc. you will find our website in the top 10 of google.co.uk, yahoo, msn...usually the top 3.

The only problem is that the site is all geared towards finding customers, but attracting tradesmen is much harder. Unlike visitors to this forum a lot aren't PC proficient so won't spot it. So perhaps 9 times out of 10 the customer trys to find a plumber or builder in his local county and leaves disappointed.

This is good for you as a tradesman, because some of you reading this article will be the only one of your trade in your county so if you need work you will get it.
    You can see how many tradesmen in your entire county are registered here... http://www.goodbuilderguide.co.uk/searchallcounty.asp

If you are busy then it probably isn't what you're looking for unless you're looking to expand and seeking yet more work. If however you would like to advertise for free then please give us a try, we can remove your details if you change your mind at the touch of a button so you really have nothing to lose.

The website itself is like the Yellow pages mixed with ebay. Anyone can advertise but users will leave feedback so that is the only way we can tell if a tradesman is reliable. There is no income at present as we are in the startup phase so we don't have the resources to vet tradesmen(which is another common question). But neither does the Yellow pages or a local newspaper, at least we try to let the users vet them.

The skeptics will ask...
    Free? How will we make money- attracting relevant advertising. In other words sites like Screwfix wishing to hit their target audience on a building related website.

Well guys there you go, if you're interested then please join- we would love you to. Find out more here... http://www.goodbuilderguide.co.uk

If not, apologies for wasting your time. And if you have any feedback then I will happily accept it as feedback can help us improve. thx.

2. orangeST

orangeST New Member

Think you need to give the option of picking more than one area to work in eg. I live just outside Glasgow but I work on a regular base's in around 8 other areas you give a choice of picking. You also have a choice between Kitchin fitter, Joiner and Carpenter in about 9 out of 10 cases Kitchen fitters are Joiners/Carpenter. Its a great idea mate and it would be good to register with if you could tweak it slightly.

3. wopdiddly

wopdiddly New Member

You're absolutely right but unfortunately that is very hard to implement. I will look into it though as you really couldn't be any more right.

4. orangeST

orangeST New Member

Could you not have it as regions instead though that would make it slightly simpler for example I stay near Glasgow instead of haveing, Ayrshire, east renfrewshire, refrewshire, east dumbartonshire, west dumbartonshire, inverclyde, north lanurkshire, south lanurkshire and Glasgow city you could have just Strathclyde or west central scotland? Then you could have just Joiner/Carpenter and then state if your a kitchen fitter etc? I not trying to make a big issue out this mate just though you would like some feed back if its your site thats all.