software and suppliers

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by tshirt, Oct 25, 2006.

1. tshirt

tshirt New Member

hi guys i have been fitting kitchens for a few years now (customer buys there own kitchen and i fit) and want to start supplying and designing as well any ideas on some good suppliers and design software any help would be greatly appreciated. Tim.

2. tshirt

tshirt New Member

oh and im from the northeast if that helps cheers

3. Stretch

Stretch Member

Most commercially available software (Planit etc) is bloody expensive and would probably be worth holding back on it until you see how the business goes.

I fit Crown Imperial kitchens which, although flatpack, are a very good product and well priced (do a web search to find a supplier near you)

As for software, try the free download from www.kitchendraw.com. It has a generic catalogue which seems to cover most kitchen styles.

4. Boff

Boff New Member

I use 20-20 Design. Very good product with great output for customers. Sells a kitchen nearly every time (well that and the good range and prices I offer) but seriously it will give you a massive advantage over andyone who's scribbled a design on a bit of paper or used one of the cheaper products that have poor 3D output (VRKitchen anyone). It's not cheap but a few grand is a snip when you start getting a sale out of 80%-90% of your quotes.

5. Boff

Boff New Member

By the way, I don't mean to sound like a salesman for them but it is a very good product if not a little quirky in places, it's Americanised as well so a worktop is a countertop, a plinth is a toe kick, a handle is a pull etc. Dimwits :)