Attention Festool Fans!

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Jonny Round Boy, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Jonny Round Boy

Jonny Round Boy New Member

Just got back from my Festool dealer with details of a new product that is going to seriously dent my bank balance.

There's not a lot of info on the website yet, but it's something that they've been short of for a long time - a proper chop saw. It really is the dogs danglies.

Specs are as follows:

<u>Kapex KS120 sliding compound mitre saw</u>

305mm blade dia.
    Cutting capacity - 90/90 = 305x88, 90/45 = 215x88, 45/45 = 215x55 left, 215x35 right
    Mitre capacity 50 deg left, 60 deg right
    Special height setting which gives a cutting depth of 120mm for cutting strip material vertically
    Dual laser line (one fine line for each side of the blade!)
    only 21.5kg
    Built-in bevel for measuring/dividing angles

plus a lot more features which I can't really describe here.

Available in 2 pricing options:

Saw only - £580 ex VAT list
    Saw & MFT table & all accessories - £1000 (ish) ex VAT list

Launches on 30/03/07, but only 200 machines coming to UK before end April. Pickard Hardware in Keighley will have a demo model available to try for their open day on launch day.

I'm pretty much sold on it already - I have needed a decent chop saw for months now, but not known which one to get. I think I do now...

2. russ295

russ295 New Member

3. Jonny Round Boy

Thanks Russ - have just found that & headed back here to post a link, but you beat me to it!

4. Sprocket

Sprocket New Member

Oh dear I have just made a mess.

5. mack4

mack4 New Member

I think the blade diameter is 260mm.I wonder what it will cost.

6. Jonny Round Boy

I think the blade diameter is 260mm.

Well spotted - that was the deliberate mistake I threw in to make sure you were paying attention....

7. Shedmen

Shedmen New Member

You are a bad man Jonny "O" Boy this is going to cost me a fortune or as the other half says "not" a quiet life. I was stupid enough to look at the site!!! looks a fabulous piece of kit; I have an Elektra Beckum Induction sliding mitre saw but although being very accurate it does not trench, or do the breadth of cut of the new Festool and it also weighs considerably more. More dangerous I already have an MFT table.

Shedmen

8. Jonny Round Boy

Ha ha ha, glad to help, Shedmen! :)

9. peterob

peterob New Member

oh my god reckon they would of used one of these to build the starship enterprise makes my electra beckum look like a pro user