interchangeable tip router bits

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by midlands based services., Oct 16, 2008.

1. Are these any good in peoples opinion and if so who are the best suppliers. I suppose the bit is the same but the blade would make the difference. Am i right and what sort of prices are you looking at for blades.

2. Hello, i use a Trend Rotatip bit, which has an interchangeable tip. i reckon these are the best type to use, but i know others use different brands. The bit costs about 50 quid, with the blades about 27 quid for ten on ebay. These are edged on four sides, so for a pack of ten blades, you are really getting 20 cutters. Works out a lot cheaper, with great results. Hope this helps.

3. thats exactly theinfo im after mate. Could you use a cheaper holder with these blades ?

4. !!

!! Active Member

Whats the durablitly like on the rototip bit, with all the heat and stress I wouldn't fancy using one for more than six months, I had a router bit shatter on me once and it was quite a terrorfing experience

5. I have had my rotatip for 4 years, but change the tip every job. I think it ensures a good finish on every job, and by using the new tip, reduces the heat and stress put on the holder. The tips are held in place by torx screws, which are pretty strong. I have replaced these a couple of times, just to be sure. I have also had a cutter shatter, so try to minimise the possibility of that happening. Not sure about using them in other brand of holders, but i think the overall cost of the cutter is reasonable considering the lifespan and the reputation trend have. Cheers.

6. JackB

JackB New Member

7. jasonb

jasonb New Member

I also use the Versotip one from wealdens for 90% of my straight & guidebush work. The Easy-tip multitrim bits are also very good for following templates and working with solid surface materials.

Jason