Fitting for the sheds

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by kitchenfitter1, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Due to a lack of work, i am considering fitting for Magnet, Moben or B and q.Anyone fit for these, and any opinions as to who pay the best, how quick, etc. Any info would be great. I am in West Yorkshire, if that makes a difference.
    Thanks all!

2. pockethole

pockethole New Member

Are the sheds selling !

3. Joelp1

Joelp1 New Member

moben arent taking on at the min, i tried to get a friend to pass some jobs across and he says they're are quiet themselves and just keeping their favourite fitters going. He also mentioned that fit rates have just been cut by 5%!

4. mick761

mick761 New Member

With MFI going under there's a surplus of fitters out there. Most of the fitters who were with MFI and used to working from the sheds have been knocking on their doors.

Tesco look to be the only one recruiting at moment and they're an unkown quantity although fit prices look good.

5. mikeb joiner

mikeb joiner New Member

so which company is going to be doing the fits for tesco`s then

6. mick761

mick761 New Member

Retail Instalations ltd are handling the fits for Tesco (and Next bathrooms), but they're asking you to join IkBBI, if you're not already a member.

7. mikeb joiner

mikeb joiner New Member

so were or how can you get a hold of this instalation company not ikibbi

8. mick761

mick761 New Member

Retail Installation Services

7200 The Quorum
    Oxford Business Park North
    Garsington Road
    Oxford OX4 2JZ

9. mikeb joiner

mikeb joiner New Member

so have they got a internet site or a phone number

10. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

You will never get your own business off the ground if you keep fitting for the sheds. Fine if that's the way you want to go but why not make an effort promoting your own buiness?

11. gerald.james

gerald.james New Member

Working on sheds could be pretty tricky but I always say that if you had a hand on free shed plans, you could start out on a basic project but end up doing a wonderful job. I came across a quick instructional video on youtube. Here is the link: *

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator