Bosch 135 BCE Jigsaw is rubbish.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by bernieeccles, Sep 19, 2009.

1. bernieeccles

bernieeccles Member

As per title.
    Over the years I have had a few of the professional Bosch jigsaws
    and basically I change them when they wear out.

I purchased one of the above about 14 months ago and in the first year it got sent back to Bosch 4 times for repair. 3 times for the quick release sole plate which kept dropping off or coming loose and once for the motor brushes wearing out.

A strong letter to Bosch with return number 4 brought about a brand new replacement tool but no warranty as mine had now run out.

Well went to use it this week and the electronic speed control is playing up, sometimes it will run at the correct speed and then it will slow right down and then oscillate between speeds.

I love the quick blade release but as a tool to rely on, my experience is that it is just not up to every day use in the kitchen fitting environment.If you cannot rely on a tool you use to earn a living then that tool is useless.

I have in mind getting a Makita or anything similar that is uber reliable. As I use my jigsaw " upside down " it needs a slender body.

Any recommendations ?

2. i had a Bosch 135 BCE which lasted just over 1 year. The armerature(?) shattered, which destroyed the jigsaw. I previously had a Bosch GST2000 which lasted about 6 years so i was well * off at this one. I now have the Festool 300, which is great. I also have a Milwaukee which is super fast and good for any rough stuff (like most of my kitchens!).

[Edited by: admin]

3. My GST200 went seven years with one new set of brushes, excellent saw.

4. JMH

JMH New Member

didn't yours come with a 3 year warranty? mine did

5. bernieeccles

bernieeccles Member

For some reason I seem to have missed out. mine came with a one year warranty which could be extended to 3 by registering online, but when I bought mine I was convinced that I had sent a card back instead.

When I recieved my replacement, it was clearly stated that my warranty had expired and it was sort of implied that that was all I was going to get.

In any case, to be honest I have had enough of the thing. If I did not have my old clattery Bosch jigsaw as a standby, I would have been stuck.

I expect better performance from a tool touted by Bosch as their top line professional tool, capable of continuous, everyday use. My two have sadly proved not to be the case and I hope you have better luck with yours.

My next jigsaw will not be a Bosch, thats for sure.

6. grovesy

grovesy New Member

i also have this jigsaw that also had the same faulty electronic switch and read on this site of another that seem to go approx 366 days after purchase. if its any consolation i purchased the new switch on line for not much and was pleased to find all wires had mini plugs fitted but have given it stiff warning that it will be replaced or shot if it does it again. like you i use it upside down and previously had the makita and AEG both were good but will not buy makita again because of the cheap lead they supply that freezes solid in the winter (good for cutting circles in jan and feb)i love bosch but have found this tool disapointing ps changing the subject a little try the panasonic impact and drill set with nuclear 3.3a batterys best tools i have bought for years, ITS not difficult to find best price

7. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Got one of These me self, brilliant tool!

I don't fit Kitchens but I'd bet money it would be spot on for your trade!

;)

8. Joelp1

Joelp1 New Member

my dewalt has lasted a while... but thinking about it, it does have its faults. Not bad overall, esp because it was under £100.

9. biasqinc

biasqinc Member

festool, festool, festool. last forever and best by a country mile.