Kitchen Door Opening Restriction

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by evo nut, Nov 29, 2009.

1. evo nut

evo nut New Member

Hi Chaps,

Fitted some kitchen doors on replacement carcusses.

Trouble is some of the existing cabinets are fitted close to the wall and i don't want the new doors hitting the wall.

I thought they made a restrictor which you can screw on the door and cabinet to stop the door opening so far.

Don't really just want a piece of chain put something nicer as the lady has paid a fiar bit for the doors.

Any suggestions please?

many thanks

evo nut

2. nigel

nigel Guest

Hafele

3. evo nut

evo nut New Member

hi nigel,

been trawling through hafele's website but can't find them anywere don't surpose you know there technical name or order number do you?

many thanks

4. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

try a bridging unit strut/damper evo you could fix it to the inside top of cabinet then to the door

5. evo nut

evo nut New Member

6. fitero

fitero New Member

Just cut a door sized hole in the wall,purfect...

7. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

Evo not those cos theyre the ones that you have to open the door further to release the catch! i had the gas strut type in mind!

8. Bedroom Fitter

Bedroom Fitter New Member

What about swapping the 110 hinges for 90 degree hinges?

9. fuster

fuster New Member

If the 90 is still too much, I think there will be a hinge that will do the job - just phone Blum and ask. Or if they're no help try Daro Factors in Hackney Wick as they know all this stuff and can send it to you; very good prices too.