thought i was very competively priced....

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Porkie, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Porkie

Porkie New Member

Just gave a quote to fit a 14 unit kitchen. Gas hob, electric oven - qualified fitter to do these 2 bits and a plumber for sink. 2 butt and scribes. metal plinths £550

"ooooo, well my chippies could do that in a day and half, can you drop your price?"

"urm, nope, thats already pretty cheap thankyou very much! get your chippies to bloody do it then

2. Porkie

Porkie New Member

units already assembled

3. fitero

fitero New Member

That seems to work out at £225 per day,seems a little bit steep if you want the job.If you dont need it,walk away.Im pricing at about £160 per day at the moment and a bit less if i have to.Times is ard.[South coast central]

4. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

I think the operative statement in the OP was "ooooo, well my chippies could do that in a day and half". Suggests there was more than one woodbutcher to fit the units etc.
    I have just quoted a rip out, supply and fit, 8 base, 10 wall, w/tops. oven, hob sink and extractor and tiling etc for £3000. Units, C&L from B&Q. I'd only make about £800 for the work and customer still wants it cheaper. (Spark to install oven and hob but I'll do the plumbing in of the sink)
    Much more of this and I'll be working for FA

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I think you are too cheap!

6. steve the fitter

steve the fitter New Member

Its hard to say your to cheap. It depends where you are in the uk. Im outside east london and havent had to drop prices luckily. But I never mfit a kitchen on a day rate anyway. Im sure you give some sort of guarentee. Things like this need to be included.
    My price would come in over 550 just for fitting the units so if you were near me you would be way underpriced

7. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Price is OK. If you think its OK too then don't budge. There is ALWAYS someone cheaper- often nastier too. ;)

8. makita49

makita49 New Member

My price wud be more towards £800 or more so i think your way cheap

9. There is a saying that goes "The quality is remembered long after the price has been forgotten" so if he wants a cheap job, let him get someone cheep!!!