Weakened teams

Discussion in 'Sport Talk' started by G Brown., Apr 24, 2010.

1. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

LFC are not going to get 4th spot so should they play a weakened team against Burnley and then again against Chelski.

2. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

The point of fielding a 'weakened team' is to rest certain key players in readiness for a more important game.

I'm not sure that LFC have any important games to look forward to.......

Lucia x

3. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

So let's get this right. Fans pay for season tickets or buy individual tickets to see a football team. Tickets cost lots of money, then for whatever reason, the manager decides to send out his second or third best team to play.

Wow I'd ask for a refund.
    A bit like buying the latest Sony TV then getting home and opening the packaging to find a 14" B&W portable in the box

4. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Then Lucia you need to gem up on your football knowledge, still you will be supporting us soon.

5. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

I see your point JJ, thats football.

6. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

Then Lucia you need to gem up on your football....

I don't need to gen-up that much on football dear. I already know that LFC won't lift the Champions trophy this season, or next - unless they ask one of their scally fans to do a bit of breaking and entering......

What's that you're on about - the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup?

Big deal!

Lucia x

7. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Worthless cup

8. Sad Sad Sad Man

Sad Sad Sad Man New Member

Lfc may just scrape through to the champs League next season.

If we beat Burnley l8r 2 day then if we beat Chelski next week we stand a goddam good chance of a top 4 finish.

9. sir graftalot

sir graftalot New Member

JJ, you did'nt buy that tele in Liverpool did you?

10. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Sad sad sad man sorry to be the one to tell you but LFC have no chance of finishing 4th, even if we win the next 3 games, it advantage THFC. 5th is the highest we can achieve. :(

11. rome60

rome60 New Member

Ponty01,if Benitez leaves LFC Wenger is going to try and sign Reina.He is prepared to spend some millions for a top goalkeeper,that would be brilliant if he signs him.:):)

12. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

He has just signed a new contract(yes i know it doesnt mean anything) cant see that one happening, why does everybody think that every spanish player will leave if Rafa goes.

Wenger is tracking that goalie who is injured at the moment, cant remember the club.

13. Sad Sad Sad Man

Ponty01, Spurs are 4th on 64 points, we are 7th on 59 points with 3 games remaining. So we can get a maximum of 68 points so could take 4th spot, if other results go for us.

Think positive! Although the 1st half against Burnley was dire.

14. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

I always think positive about LFC but i cant see THFC only getting 3 points from Bolton, city and Burnley, if they do lose to Bolton and city then city will get 4th spot. We are in the worst situation, if we win are next 2 games then it could end up with us not being 4th and also giving the prem to UTD. :(

15. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

City have Aston Villa, spurs and West Ham.

16. Sad Sad Sad Man

City don't have a keeper.

Remember, positve mental attitide Ponty01.

17. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

I will go in goals for them :)

Your right sssman, positive attitude, had another look at the different games and after are 4 nil win are goal difference is looking good now. We really need Bolton to beat THFC at the weekend.

18. Me and youse gonna fall out if yer not careful ponty lad.

19. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

I've always had a sneaking regard for Liverpool FC - I've said this before. They are one of the true 'greats' of the UK and Europe.

I hope they'll thrash Chelsea at Anfield, just to regain a little respect and dignity - not that my motive is for that win to help my team to retain the title for the fourth time in a row, of course!

Lucia x

20. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Me and youse gonna fall out if yer not careful ponty lad.

What can i say fella.