'slipping' mitre saw cut

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Ruski, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Ruski

Ruski Member

Bit of a ponderer...

Use a Bosch GCM24v cordless mitresaw (10") for various jobs, including mitering of pelmets and rails (thin kerf blade). Been a very good tool up until my 'mate' borrowed it (ham fisted tho he is).

Problem now is that the blade 'slips' about half a mm from the initial cut position as the blade progresses thru the material - and on a mitre the resulting 1mm gap is not acceptable.

I firstly thought that the blade was showhow to blame, so gave it a good clean, but same results - so I invested in another blade, and even brand new still gives the same result.

Anyone come across this problem before - and how was it rectified - I'm starting to think that maybe a bearing has worn??

Any suggestions gratefully recieved - this is driving me bonkers!!

Cheers

Russ

2. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Dunno what the problem is, but I bet that when you get it fixed, you won't be lending it to your ham fisted mate. ;)

3. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

have you tried setting the saw up to "sqaure" again could be somthing as simple as a moved fence all saws require squaring up from time to time!

4. big all

big all Screwfix Select

sounds to me like the blade is leaning/moving slightly so the back off the blade takes a slightly path to the front a bit like the fence on your table saw being 1mm out causing the back edge off the blade to cut

if my theory is right i would expect one side to be square and possibly a minuet hollow centraly and the other half to be 1mm out of square!!!

solution !!!!

big all

5. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Well, I may be p**ed, Big All , but that answer makes less sense than Capello bringing Heskey on for the last 5 minutes
    :)

6. cosworth

cosworth New Member

i bought a second hand saw a while back that had a problem cutting true. the blade was slightly off angle so as you used the sliding cut it would cut as the front of the blade went thru ok but as the back of the blade teeth came thru they would start cutting a mm of line to the front of the blade giving a stepped cut. useless so stumped up cash for a dewalt 718 and never regretted it.

7. fittkitchens

fittkitchens New Member

It may be an obvious one but I forget to tighten the handle on the mitre saw now and again which can cause an un-true cut,

8. big all

big all Screwfix Select

:)

not easy to describe lol looks ok to me but i know what i mean
    all i am saying is the back off the blade is not following the same path as the rear off the blade

big all

9. big all

big all Screwfix Select

that shold be the back isnt following the same path as the front off the blade