Religion is dead

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by G Brown, Aug 26, 2010.

1. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Long live Religion.

Well they say when man stops believing in God he starts to believe in anything! :)

2. jusse

jusse New Member

That's funny, I've never believed in god and look what it's done to me.

I believe that the universe is a strange and wonderful place, I believe that we probably never will answer all the questions of why and how it comes to be so, and why we're here. I believe though that we've got a far better chance of answering them through the fantastic work done by scientific research in many different fields.
    Look on the hst site and see galaxies much like our own seen from outside. When you look at one, try to grasp the fact that the light from a star on one side will take 100,000 years or so to reach a star on the other side. That's one hundred thousand years at the speed of light ***, 186,000 miles every second for 100,000 years just to cross from one side to the other, of one galaxy among thousands of billions. And to think the busy fcker who made all that still has the time to watch everyones every move and thought, from birth to death, and sit in judgement to boot. No wonder he's a bit stingy with his miracles, he must be right knackered.

3. One day, I was walking on a beach when suddenly I noticed behind me that there was only one set of footprints yet a few minutes earlier, there were two sets, then I realised my missus had to go in the dunes to take a dump.

4. jusse

jusse New Member

So I do like carrots, so what?

5. But do you like kumquats?

6. jusse

jusse New Member

only the carrot flavoured ones.

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

'cos it would be awfully tragic if all the atheisst woke up in hell after they died wouldn't it? :)

8. -suddenly, btw.

9. When I wake up in 'Hell', I'll give Lucifer one.

10. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

Born again.....