Do any kitchen fitters need a free labourer afew days a week?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Sean Gallagher, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Sean Gallagher

Sean Gallagher New Member

Hi all, I currently work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern so I have afew days a week spare. Rather than sitting around the house, I'd rather be out doing something, fitting kitchens in particular.
    I basically want to work for free to build up my onsite experience rather than do one of the 'learn it all in 4 days' courses that im somewhat dubious about. I have a pretty good theoretical knowledge and I've served a 3 Year apprenticeship in double glazing installation, spent a year learning to lay bricks and dig foundations etc. Im 23 now, hard working and reliable but stuck working in an office. If anyone around the Wigan, Leigh, Bolton, Manchester area wants a free pair of hands afew days a week, let me know :)

2. biasqinc

biasqinc Member

Sorry can't help, I'm too far away but I hope someone will take you up on your offer.

3. zookeeper

zookeeper New Member

I pay my casual labourer by the day in his hand. He works only when I need him and if he is available. I do not think anyone should work for nothing. Where are you exactly and do you have transport?

4. Sean Gallagher

Im in Atherton. I dont have transport at the minute, gave my missis my car when hers broke down so I'd have to rely on the bus etc.
    I appreciate what your saying, but your knowledge is far more valuable than money so thats why I'm willing to work for 'free' i.e. in exchange for knowledge. But if someone wishes to put afew quid my way anyway, I'd be an idiot to say no!

5. flyingscotsman

flyingscotsman New Member

Are you any good at putting fires out. ;)

6. imran_

imran_ New Member

No he isn't. They're all doing plumbing ;)

7. Sean Gallagher

ha ha, no, im not a waterfairy looking to make money on my days off. just a boring office worker looking to retrain to do something better than look at a computer screen 42 hours a week for peanuts :)

8. timber ninja

timber ninja Member

great attitude Sean!

i wish you were down here, awww well. im sure you will find someone. (sounds like a lonely heart)

keep going mate, its the best choice you will make. offices suck the life out of you. . .